What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
Samszym - Your stuff is cool man, keep working on it! Yeah i'm still going crazy trying to figure out brushwork and edges. I defiantly want that lose impressionism stuff, but I think I always just try to render out everything out of insecurity. I'm trying some different stuff this week but not too happy with it, still working on it.

Jaik - Thanks :D. It was a bunch of different places, pinterest is pretty good just using words you would use in google (like climing / rockclimbing / fighting ). I think i got a lot of images off here http://actsoflight.tumblr.com/ but not too sure, it's just in my recent bookmarks. I use a tumblr viewer to make it easier to go through tumblrs http://tumview.com/ so they all kinda look the same to me xD.

So is it more correct to call it the latisimus dorsi? Honestly i'm pretty terrible at the names, i've seen your notes, you're way better than me at it :(. I've learnt and forgot twice now.

---------

Here's this week. Not too much, had a weird week. Got my hamstring (semitendonitis and abductor masses :p) pulled doing cartwheels not stretching properly; then slowly over several weeks of not letting it heal it got pretty severe. This is from gymnastics once a week, I'm not sure if i mentioned I started learning at a beginners course for adults for the past few months. Hella fun to learn a new skill, exercise, eventually be able to do backflips and parkour :p. But yeah, limping around from a pulled muscle, not fun.

Then went out to a game of thrones burlesque show. The running joke we had before and after the show - less nudity then the TV show. Was a fun night out. Then had minor cold symptoms for a couple days, dunno what from but I hope its not related to the leg. Seems to be okay for now.

But yeah, enough excuses, I'm almost certain I wouldn't have done much anyway if it all went perfectly. Watched the whole TV series Black Mirror. I was surprised to learn it was Charlie Brooker's show, his 'educational' tv shows on tv were cool. If you're one of those wacky people think there aren't any original stories left, watch this show ( I'm joking of course they are in some very real sense derivative don't crucify me :p )! I got the suggestion from Ash Thorpe's collective podcast, which everyone should listen too, its a bunch of really nice conversations with all the artists.

[Image: 0009---Practice09022014_zps10992520.jpg]

Pedro Covo study, he has this really awesome digital painterly look that I think I want to achieve. I didn't do to well with this first one, didn't structure my values as well looking at it now, so I end up with somthing a bit more muted and less emphasis on that cool light which I was trying to get. So yeah, concentrate more on the values. Managed to narrow down some semblance of brushes to use to emulate it though, but my execution needs to step it up a bit.

[Image: 0010---Practice11022014_zps10fe1d5b.jpg]
[Image: 0011---Practice13022014_zps6d888ba0.jpg]

Eric Geist is the man, here are some studies trying to roughly interpret his charcoal in a digital style/workflow

[Image: 2_zpsd6bab6d3.jpg]
[Image: 2painting3_zps77b2997f.jpg]

Another attempt at the figure thing, not really that good, but I tried out a different lighting in an attempt at keeping it looser. Might mess around with it again later, don't feel so good about it right now, although it might be better to try again on something else.

I did a bunch of traditional stuff as well as always, but not bothered to photograph right now, its late and I need to wake up early to call customer service about my phone :(. Thanks for looking/ reading me complain about first world problems xD.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 02-17-2014, 01:11 AM