What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
Didn't actually get to practice much of what I wanted this week, because my dad gave me a semi-job at his company, which I felt obliged to do considering my parents have let me sit around drawing for 6 months with only their trust in me that im not wasting my time. It wasn't entirely unrelated, as it did involve creating a magazine advert, but it was kind of just a graphic design thing. I learn't abit of typography and approached it like a concept job, researched other ad's, thumbnails, made 4 roughs and then pushed one to finnish, but it was pretty basic and I feel bad because towards the end of it I kind of slacked off, drew sketches during work time instead. And the final result didnt look as good as I would've liked. If anyone in the crimson daggers is a graphic designer and reads this and feels like critiquing it, please contact me ^_^ . The job was 10-5 though, 5 days, so that sucked up alot of time.

I also discovered that with my hardrive being broken, I also lost all my settings and my sketch brush and my painting brush i kind of adapted from others. If I need to backup anything I realise, it is these things. I ended up scrapping together from sickbrush's pack a painting brush I had experimented with previously, and a basic sketch brush modified from some other brush in the pack. I blame the first horrible crayon lookin painting on getting used to the tool xD.

I still got some nice stuff done though, a huge load off my chest with 1 study, where I tried to rotate a painting. Although not accurate and took afew hours, it still addressed the worry I was having that I was simply copying photo's and not actually learning anything, which I knew was kind of silly but still pressed on my mind. I also forced myself to avoid hatching over everything and use value to cover up bad lines. I think I was using it too much as a crutch, and need to concentrate on smooth linework for abit.

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: 5.jpg]
[Image: 6.jpg]
[Image: 7.jpg]
[Image: 8.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 05-28-2012, 02:06 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM