The twilight zone.
Hello fellow daggers! I hope everyone is well! I must apologise that it has been so long since I have posted. A recent bought of illness left me pretty exhausted and stressed. I suffer from quite bad eczema, and here in Japan the weather is rather chaotic at this time of year. The random changes in humidity wreaks havoc with my bio-shell. Until the advent of bacta, I must rely on the older fashioned means of tissue rejuvenation which leaves me quite exhausted and grumpy. I become very anti-social on such occasions.

I shan't bore you further, but I have still been drawing (albeit at a slightly slower rate)!

And before I forget @UKRAINIANWOLD97; Thank you for your comment! It was much appreciated. (:

As always, comments, crit and advice always welcome. (:

A selection of gestural studies. I have switched to using only brush pen. Usually I use charcoal pencil. These are all 1 - 5 minute drawings. I have a rule that I do 30 minutes every day without fail when I come in from work - I produce far more of them than I could post. ^_^;;

I was feeling stale at the weekend and started using the brush pen like I would a pencil. Some interesting results that I will experiment with further.

I love working on portraits, but feel I am slow - I spend a lot of time on trains sketching people - but feel like I lack the confidence in constructing well defined facial forms when the subject is moving around a lot. I'm hoping to alleviate this by deeper study and returning to some fundamentals. Proko here I come!

And still always with the watercolour studies. These are a selection of on location studies - the top one in Tokyo. It was really hot that weekend and that little trip triggered this current bought of eczema. But it's always worth it! I love drawing outside.

Some studies...

And finally finished and framed.

And, if you made it this far down - thank you so much for checking my work out. (: Have a good one!

- EmEl

Messages In This Thread
The twilight zone. - by EmEl - 04-13-2017, 10:06 PM
RE: The twilight zone. - by Lodratio - 04-14-2017, 09:19 PM
RE: The twilight zone. - by chubbycat - 04-14-2017, 10:10 PM
RE: The twilight zone. - by EmEl - 04-18-2017, 12:16 AM
RE: The twilight zone. - by EmEl - 04-20-2017, 12:09 AM
RE: The twilight zone. - by EmEl - 04-24-2017, 12:05 AM
RE: The twilight zone. - by UKRAINIANWOLF97 - 05-01-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: The twilight zone. - by EmEl - 06-12-2017, 11:33 PM
RE: The twilight zone. - by EmEl - 06-18-2017, 10:58 PM