Hello :)
For that age, you got skills. Besides doing your usual drills, I hope you help people along too. I think by helping out, trying to figure out how to do things by verbalizing the process also helps in a way. Sure, you might get called out for a bad crit. But most of the time, bombing is the way people learn. Win-win situation.

It isn't a community if it's a one sided deal. Hopefully everybody' chips in. Check this out: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6522.html

Quote:Besides learning fundamentals, there is also the problem of subject matter for me. Of course I play games and watch movies (other wise I would not know concept art even existed) but I am not so invested in these that I can design much at all (very small visual library). So I guess I suck at the most important part that makes up concept art but I still want to push forward.

I think my opinion on this is debatable.

I don't think it matters much if you're invested, or at the very least be interested, on a design project for you to do a good job on it. It probably would help mentally because you're in that comfort zone. But for the most part, designers design stuff for other people, and there may be times that you wouldn't agree with regards to what you've churned out.

So props for pushing your boundaries regardless of where your interests lie.

Quote:For where I'm at currently I really doubt I would get accepted into a place like art center (and it's hella expensive).

You wouldn't know until you try. Kick doubt to the curb. As for the financials, have you considered going through scholarships?

Good luck on school. Future good luck on college. Welcome to the Crimson Daggers. Hope you stick around.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
Hello :) - by procxied - 07-09-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Hello :) - by Artloader - 07-09-2017, 09:00 AM
RE: Hello :) - by procxied - 07-09-2017, 09:24 AM
RE: Hello :) - by John - 07-09-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Hello :) - by procxied - 07-09-2017, 02:50 PM
RE: Hello :) - by Fedodika - 07-10-2017, 03:47 AM
RE: Hello :) - by procxied - 07-27-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Hello :) - by G.Cell - 07-25-2017, 02:15 PM