MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
(10-08-2017, 01:04 AM)John Wrote: Your lines look rough. I have to reiterate what Neo said about 'ghosting' over where to put your lines before making a mark. Observe how Scott Robertson hovers over where the marks are supposed to be placed.

Remember! It's about the arm movement!

Not saying that don't do the Draw A Box exercise, but maybe it's a good idea to warm up with making straight lines before diving into your studies.

Alright I gave it a try this time... I'm posting the images as Ghosting Line Practice. Hopefully I did this correctly. If not let me know what I'm doing wrong. It's really important I understand the fundamentals.
(10-08-2017, 02:52 AM)Amit Dutta Wrote: +1 on John's advice of starting with daily straight line and general hand eye coordination exercises. For whatever reason, you have very unconfident lines....need to build up that confidence and accuracy. the rotated boxes will look much better if you can do straight lines.
Your right my lines are a mess. I'm trying to fix things but, with pen it is difficult. Sometimes I'm trying to straighten lines other times I am attempting to fix other mistakes.

Ghosting Line Practice.
Still difficult for me even after watching the Scott Robertson. Maybe I just need more practice?

[Image: Ghostling_Lines_Pratice_1.jpg]
[Image: Ghostling_Lines_Pratice_2.jpg]
[Image: Ghostling_Lines_Pratice_3.jpg]
[Image: Ghostling_Lines_Pratice_4.jpg]
[Image: Ghostling_Lines_Pratice_5.jpg]
[Image: Ghostling_Lines_Pratice_7.jpg]
[Image: Ghostling_Lines_Pratice_8.jpg]
[Image: Ghostling_Lines_Pratice_9.jpg]

Organic Perspective
Had a little improvement here but drawing a box (not just a rectal linear shape). How do I make sure that what I'm drawing is equal on all side in perspective?

[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_14.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_15.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_16.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_17.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_18.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_19.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_20.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_21.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_22.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_23.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_24.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_25.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_26.jpg]

Rotated Boxes
Still trying to get this one right. It is by far the most difficult and time consuming of the exercises so far. Maybe I'm thinking about it too hard. All the boxes need to do is conform to a sort of sphere they sit on, or at least that is what it looks like.

[Image: rotated_box_exercise_10.jpg]
[Image: rotated_box_exercise_9.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 10-14-2017, 02:03 PM