MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
This sb has devolved into us spewing resources and technique exercises at you and i think this is becoming an issue. I don't want to continue this trend, however did you download and watch the dorien iten vids/gumroads i linked in my first post or not?

If not, please, before you watch anything else get the accuracy training one which is totally free and also his free articles on values and even the other paid series of vids. These resources are 1000 times better and more concise than most you'll find online and I've seen a lot. He is a traditional atelier trained artist and he gets to the point quickly. Use the accuracy training guide to help with your portrait studies and any other observed studies immediately. Your observational skills need to be increased first. If you cannot judge an angle or measure relative distances of something that is directly in front of you then no amount of construction is going to help you.

This will directly help with your general draftsmanship as well. Do it. And as to getting a mentor i think you should start to look into it. You seem like you would do better with personalised instruction. Or Look into atelier courses near you if you can as they will give you the best foundation.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by Amit Dutta - 04-17-2018, 03:59 PM