MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
(09-17-2019, 10:55 AM)darktiste Wrote: What will be important now that you start to be able to see your own error due to working with pen you will need to increase your load of work and aim at correcting the error you can spot i know it repetitive but repetition and understanding how to correctly represent a line going back to a vanishing point is an essential skill it what differentiate a amateur from someone who is on is way to mastery.

I will say your doing great since your clearly trying over and over again the same exercise and you seem to want to improve so.Don't be to hard on yourself baby step.

One thing i also suggest you do is to stop working for a few minute after you finish a drawing come back and look at what you did and try to spot what you can improve.

One last advise would be to try not to go over line more then once to learn to control your line even more you need to be fearless and confident learning to control the speed the angle and the pressure on you put on the pen.To help you before you start a drawing session it totally acceptable to warm up by drawing line and ellipse it help get your muscle memory ready to work.

Do your best that what count.I know all you probably want is to draw stuff that look great but if you spend enough time at the training ground you be able to get better quicker once you attack harder fundamental.

Your result are not poor they are a step toward your goal.Poor result come from not trying your best.Poor result come from not understanding theory and/or not practicing those concept enough.

Poor result does not always mean poor understanding of the concept it can sometime result from fundamental that are lagging behind.The problem is that mileage is often the only way for an artist to open up there eye to what are those fundamental lagging behind.

I'm still unable to find out what I'm doing wrong. I keep searching but it still eludes me. Still trying with Loomis. I'm about half way through the book and things aren't getting much better.

On the  Draw a box side of things I really messed up the 250 boxes exercise and had to attempt another 50 boxes. Might need to do the entire thing all over again.

[Image: 5-Ellipses-in-Planes-1-R.jpg]

[Image: 5-Ellipses-in-Planes-2-R.jpg]

[Image: 8-Rough-Perspective-1-R.jpg]

[Image: 8-Rough-Perspective-2-R.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-1.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-2.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-3.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-4.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-5.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-6.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-7.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-8.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-9.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-10.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-11.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-12.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-13.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-14.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-15.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-16.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-17.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-18.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-19.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-20.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-21.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-22.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-23.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-24.jpg]

[Image: 250-Box-Challenge-25.jpg]

[Image: 50-more-Boxes-1.jpg]

[Image: 50-more-Boxes-2.jpg]

[Image: 50-more-boxes-3.jpg]

[Image: 50-more-boxes-4.jpg]

[Image: 50-more-boxes-5.jpg]

[Image: 50-more-boxes-6.jpg]

[Image: 50-more-boxes-7.jpg]

[Image: FWP-55-1.jpg]

[Image: FWP-55-2.jpg]

[Image: FWP-55-3.jpg]

[Image: FWP-55-4.jpg]

[Image: FWP-55-5.jpg]

[Image: FWP-55-6.jpg]

[Image: FWP-55-7.jpg]

[Image: FWP-56-1.jpg]

[Image: FWP-56-2.jpg]

[Image: FWP-56-3.jpg]

[Image: FWP-57-1.jpg]

[Image: FWP-57-2.jpg]

[Image: FWP-57-3.jpg]

[Image: FWP-57-4.jpg]

[Image: FWP-58-1.jpg]

[Image: FWP-58-2.jpg]

[Image: FWP-58-3.jpg]

[Image: FWP-59-1.jpg]

[Image: FWP-59-2.jpg]

[Image: FWP-59-3.jpg]

[Image: FWP-59-4.jpg]

[Image: FWP-60-1.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 10-09-2019, 06:56 PM