::Wave::
(09-16-2018, 02:40 PM)darktiste Wrote: First of all welcome.

Here a quick critic for the last piece

I think you miss an opportunity to show depth in here.The silhouette in the foreground flatten the drawing.There not enought overlapping object.There not much indication of scale of object to help the perspective.There also some strange texture left over that doesn't seem to have any purpose.There also that spike that bug me because it point to a corner never make a triangle point to a corner of the canva.

I would give this a 60 to 75%

I feel nothing in particular looking at this.The skull is really where the money at.Here what i would do scale down the hermit crab and make the skull not as big as the crab but rather play with proportion to make it almost look comical that he carry such a big skull around.I would also make sure that there alot of overlapping element in the background for example some fish rock and aquatic plant.

Thank you for the critique. I will keep these things in mind if I ever rework it, and for future pieces.

Some of the advice would change the focus and mood of the image, however, since I intended this to be more of a portrait of the crab, not a portrait of the skull and not a scene entire. I have not focused on depth or setting any more than I would have for a seated human figure.  While I can see how you have docked me "points" for those aspects, I believe you are confusing style and preference for content.

It may have been more comical to have a smaller crab and a larger skull and playful was what I was aiming for, so that could help. I am still learning to toy with such aspects. And you are right about the angle in the corner. That bothered me while I was making it. But I kept it because I gave myself a time limit and I was okay with that weak point on a fun image in exchange for moving on. I wish I had seen it in the planning stage and not the rendering one! The eye will learn.

The texture issue is a funny one. I have gotten vastly different feedback on it. When I made the image, I provided one with and without the texture artifacts, and there is a 50/50 split of opinion from all of the feedback. I liked them both and felt that it would depend on client preference if this wasn't a personal piece.

I'm sorry, most of all, that you feel nothing looking at it. Although it's no masterwork, it makes me happy when I see it, and I meant it as a cute greeting image for a smile at a little irony.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I love getting feedback and improving! ~n<3

Messages In This Thread
::Wave:: - by NikkiDreamer - 09-16-2018, 11:01 AM
RE: ::Wave:: - by darktiste - 09-16-2018, 02:40 PM
RE: ::Wave:: - by NikkiDreamer - 09-23-2018, 04:15 AM
RE: ::Wave:: - by Amit Dutta - 09-17-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: ::Wave:: - by NikkiDreamer - 09-17-2018, 11:56 AM
RE: ::Wave:: - by NikkiDreamer - 09-23-2018, 04:19 AM
RE: ::Wave:: - by Artloader - 09-18-2018, 07:34 AM
RE: ::Wave:: - by NikkiDreamer - 09-23-2018, 04:35 AM
RE: ::Wave:: - by Amit Dutta - 09-23-2018, 09:59 AM