Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in!
Thanks for commenting Dark

I DO like monochromatic schemes although the reaper dood leans more towards an analogous color scheme centered on reds to yellows — And while I did use purples and blues, I see now, they were blended into more of a red/violet range.

Stato, the rocket-skateboard dood, is more of a split complementary scheme.

I did look at your pages and invite you to use the same analysis on my images.  I don't always do it well — but I 'point' a viewers eye around my work.  It should be very evident in 'Enchiridion' — the pic with the war horses on page 4.

On to centering images:  As mentioned before I'm utilizing older sketchbook drawings (from 2019 and MUCH older) for many of my current digital paintings.  Those sketches were limited by the size of my sketchbook — though I often expand the edges while painting to allow some breathing room — but otherwise I generally stay true to the original sketch.

The other thing is that if you study stuff from the golden age of illustration all the way up to this forum, ArtStation, NewGrounds, CGSociety, Krita's galleries on their site and their reddit — centering of character(s) is generally the rule rather than the exception.

I do think there is merit on thinking about that though — so I'll be considering that for future projects.

------------------------

Your comment inspired me to try out some monochromatic ideas for the Reaper  — plus I realized I forgot to add the original sketch to my post about it.

------------------------

When I'm sketching — I'm usually out at some coffee house etc — and I often start with a scribble and just let my imagination loose.

I musta been in a 'Goofy' mood the day I scrawled the Reaper dood because of its 'Goofy' face. But I don't try to self edit too much knowing I'm just getting the idea down — and even way back then planned on painting my sketches eventually and adjusting things like that.

Black and White:

Sepia:

Blue-ish

And green-sh — which I think is kinda appropriately creepy color

Weirdly - Monochromatic red doesn't work well at ALL.

----------------------------------------

I normally don't do holiday themes — but hope you like my 2022 Halloween offering.

<Cue echo-y creepy laugh)   [Image: wink.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in! NOW IN 5G!! - by Jephyr - 10-27-2022, 08:23 AM