Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in!
Hi Daggers

Dark:  Yeah this year was pretty lean when it came to me making personal art.  So you'll hafta wait until the end of this year for a retrospective.  : )

Thanks so much George. I appreciate the encouragement. 

I finished off the deer and made a number changes on his head based on feedback I got from a few 'real world' peeps. I used references for his coat so animal lovers might recognize his White Tail markings.

As for his GIANT schnazola in the WIP — I was trying to go for an Emperor's New Groove kinda thang — but like the new look better

Here's some new and old WIPs I'm doing.

The first portrait is of a guy at a place I go to many times a week.  He has a ton of curly hair and beard and I asked him if I could take some photos and do a digital painting of him.

It inadvertently became a good self promotion tool, because as I got started MANY of his co-workers became interested and I had a steady stream coming by to take a look.

They were complimentary and said it looked like him (even though I'm just starting it) and then one young woman commissioned me to do a portrait of her son.

I get attention when I work in public — but not like this!  Not sure I want to become an exclusive portrait painter but if it help pay the bills then........

Thanks for looking in Daggers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in! - by Jephyr - 02-01-2024, 08:48 AM