Cocheese's Sketchbook
Hi all!

I intend from this point onward to upload pages daily to this, just these past few days I've felt like I had nothing worthy of posting. I've come to the realization that all those bad pieces are the very ones I should upload, though, so here they are:

I continued 30 second gesture poses and felt like I've improved tangibly, at least with my speed(the ones I posted previously I had completed in one minute); I'm largely struggling to give them any feeling of solidity though. (I've heard they're supposed to be noodly but it's unsatisfying...)

[Image: pWnE7WT.png]
[Image: K99P4aH.png]
[Image: Yi3Gz9i.png]

My 2 minute gestures range from hilariously bad to okay, and I've felt a slight shift from one to the other in the past two days. I feel like I'm having large difficulties with limbs and how they fit onto the body, though, as well as a prevailing stiffness.

[Image: 8kFS4So.png]
(This is one of many. Many.)

[Image: PZ5YZUt.png]
[Image: 2hQAsMn.png]
[Image: RsO0ZQg.png]

I watched another Proko video on the Loomis head method, and decided to do 10 a day for practice. I've self-corrected somewhat with the side-ellipse and placement of the browline within it, but (as noted) I'm still confused with the chin-ear rhythm and how you determine the length of the portion you "chop off" of the ball when the head is turned enough towards the viewer. Also sorry for patting myself on the back for the 20th, I was just thrilled to have drawn something that vaguely looks like a head. (Also sorry for the cutoff my sketchbook's too big for my scanner, might just take pictures of these from now on.)

[Image: zJvkLER.png]
[Image: Ku2z7rB.png]
(please ignore the pitiful cylinders- I really need to work on my allignment)

[Image: WVOD5zD.png]
[Image: UgLGgIl.png]

I started Drawabox two days ago as well, although I think it would be pointless to upload sheets of the initial exercises of lines and ellipses.

As always I would love any feedback if any of you have it! Especially on the 20th Loomis head I can't really tell what's wrong with it at my current level of experience.

Messages In This Thread
Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Cocheese - 03-06-2020, 11:26 AM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 03-06-2020, 12:21 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Pubic Enemy - 03-06-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Cocheese - 03-06-2020, 01:29 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 03-06-2020, 11:45 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Cocheese - 03-09-2020, 04:21 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 03-10-2020, 03:30 AM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Cocheese - 03-10-2020, 04:45 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Pubic Enemy - 03-10-2020, 11:18 PM
RE: Cocheese's Sketchbook - by Cocheese - 03-11-2020, 02:32 AM