Need Critique (and paintover)
(04-18-2020, 01:37 PM)Duke Lawalevu Wrote: Need some constructive critiquing for this Korra piece. I used myself as reference.

The reason why it's difficult to critique stylized art is, there's nothing (and everything) to compare it against. It boils down to individual taste that you could easily dismiss.

If you want to know what people think about it, post it on social media (Reddit, Tumblr, etc.) and gauge the response from there. 

It's really difficult to know what works when you stylize things or even know if you're "improving" your style. One way to track your progress is to straight up imitate an artist and see how far you can fool everyone that it's that guy's work. Jim Lee's early work looked like Frank Miller and/or John Byrne. Brett Booth's early work looks like Jim Lee's (still kinda is). A lot of people started looking like Loish or Ilya Kuvshinov knockoffs but grew out of that grind.. Pick an artist. Copy. Compare. Repeat til you find a better way to do it than they do.

But if you want the some old school, regurgitated tired advice from years back? Fundamentals, Life drawing, Scott Robertson, Master Studies, Loomis which you can easily Google all of them or find within this forum.

Good luck Duke.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
Need Critique (and paintover) - by Duke Lawalevu - 04-18-2020, 01:37 PM
RE: Need Critique (and paintover) - by John - 04-20-2020, 12:49 AM
RE: Need Critique (and paintover) - by Dahlia - 04-20-2020, 03:47 AM