A question about references and copyright
@darktiste  Okay.  I understand the "free of use" stuff clearly now. And now I understand what you are saying about the other images as well.  Thanks!   Forgive me for being so timid about this.  I just wanna do the right thing. DX Oh and yes, thanks for letting me know about fan art in my portfolio!  I'm still building mine.  I need to make more of my own art first I think.  Too much fan art.  

@Pubic Enemy I figured it might be different for different countries.  Funny thing is before coming on here asking a "larger audience", I asked three artists on DA that I like and I kept getting different answers.  Of course a couple are from a different country too.  Guess I didn't think through well enough. Though no one I've talked to really knows the law either they just go with the flow of what other artists are doing.  I don't have a problem with that, just feeling a bit uncomfortable.   I'm from the USA, just putting that out there.  Thanks for your reply it helps to know it doesn't have to be almost totally different from the reference.

Thanks guys I think I can move forward with a little more confidence now!

Messages In This Thread
RE: A question about references and copyright - by mika_land - 04-26-2020, 04:45 AM