Please give advice and critique
(08-08-2020, 09:37 AM)Maurice Wrote:
Quote:It easier to do the same thing over and over without changing anything and saying why i am not going anywhere... we all need to be brave and try new approach not be afraid of the unknown.

That's why I made this thread. I'd like to improve by doing things differently, but I want those changes to be informed. I don't even know exactly what's wrong with what I put on the page and how I can avoid those issues, just that my skill level or something isn't high.

whats off about the individual images are things like, proportions, anatomy, values, lighting consistency, use of line weight, quality of lines, shape design and control towards appeal

if they are in service of improving and for ingraining observations to help you progress, nothings wrong with them  Thumbs_up

good on you for seeking ways to improve, the answer, sad or encouraging is, there's so much to do 

for the goal you mentioned, at this stage, quantity of simple structural and gestural sketches probably has more benefit than longer renderings, maybe you could spend time at this moment 50% observational structural and gesture 25% from imagination 25% longer rendering (with concious observing)

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357

Messages In This Thread
Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-08-2020, 01:22 AM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-08-2020, 09:08 AM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-08-2020, 09:37 AM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by xelfereht - 08-08-2020, 10:02 AM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by John - 08-08-2020, 02:19 PM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-10-2020, 07:00 AM