Please give advice and critique
(08-08-2020, 09:37 AM)Maurice Wrote:
Quote:It easier to do the same thing over and over without changing anything and saying why i am not going anywhere... we all need to be brave and try new approach not be afraid of the unknown.

That's why I made this thread. I'd like to improve by doing things differently, but I want those changes to be informed. I don't even know exactly what's wrong with what I put on the page and how I can avoid those issues, just that my skill level or something isn't high.

This might very well be me just babbling.

If you want to have informed decisions working towards your goal, it's also a good thing to clearly define what this goal is. It's very difficult to hit a target that's abstract such as 'cute' since there's a million ways to interpret what that word even means. Maybe a goal is to define what that word even means by exploring it through your art.

Drawing from imagination takes a really long time. I take that from Artgerm's adage of "you can draw what you don't know." That's why people make studies of things (by copying, sculpting, etc...) to get a better grasp of things.

Aside from the gold these two gentlemen have dispensed, I believe you can make your goals happen when you're:
- patient enough with yourself, accept you're going to fail a lot, and that's okay. No one is excepted from bombing. Everyone falls flat on their faces. 
- having fun. I believe that's what's keeping me in this field. It's just fun to make lines, slap colors on it and make something.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-08-2020, 01:22 AM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-08-2020, 09:08 AM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-08-2020, 09:37 AM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by John - 08-08-2020, 02:19 PM
RE: Please give advice and critique - by Maurice - 08-10-2020, 07:00 AM