Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook
@tchangchang - Ayeeee thanks! Hah, nah there all done digitally. Up to this point only the gesture drawings + the 1 portrait study were done traditionally. Although that may be something I need to try testing out now that I think about it.

I've kinda heard of Scott Robertson, as in, now that I did a search of him I do remember seeing some stuff of his. I'll definitely look into his stuff and add him to my list.

Yeah having done so much I do start to see that they are overall looking more orderly compared to gesture drawings from a year plus back.

Thanks for the kind words & recommendation!

Okay, so now I am starting to do studies on the side as well seeing how that is something commonly recommended to do, especially real life studies or at least from photos. My general plan for right now is basically 3 main categories: Art Learning (which is currently going through the basic beginner resources, currently The Natural Way to Draw) - Studies (still life's, photos, screencaps, “old masters”, current pro artist, ect.) - Funsies (any personal projects). With most of the time allotted to learning, then studies, then personal fun art stuffs (but of course there are always exceptions to the rules every once in a while...). Once I've gotten these 3 things down, meaning they've become a reasonably solid habit, then I plan to start increasing + adding more things down the line to the workload.

Also just want to credit the image sources I use for references.
http://reference.sketchdaily.net/en - great tool for gesture drawing + they seem to update it a few times a year
https://unsplash.com/ - found it just this week, seems like a great website with tons of high quality photos that are all under a free license model so no worry about copyright (but be sure to look at their license page yourself too)

But anyways here is more NWTD gesture drawings + some more original character/creature designs. I've diverged awhile back from the NWTD lessons on gesture drawings, looking at other sources like Proko, Croquis Cafe, and Love Life Drawing for more info + other methods of doing gesture drawings. Doing so helped a lot, doing the scribbly method of the NWTD was getting tiresome and wasn't yielding very good results. But perhaps I'll start to mix it up more and reincorporate the NWTD method.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Zorrentos - 01-02-2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 01-03-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Cosmic Inhabitant - 01-06-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 02-10-2021, 06:36 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Jephyr - 02-05-2022, 02:03 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 02-19-2022, 04:59 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 06-15-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 01-16-2023, 03:55 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 02-03-2023, 10:56 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Leo Ki - 02-03-2023, 12:41 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Leo Ki - 03-01-2023, 12:28 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 11-01-2023, 03:36 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 05-05-2024, 10:26 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Lege1 - 05-07-2024, 11:40 PM