Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook
@[b]cgmythology[/b] - Hey thanks! Yeah, it was a good find when I was randomly looking around for 3D sculpting programs. 3D sculpting is something I am definitely interested in, even 3D animation I'd want to look in to at some point in the more distant future.

---

So I've made alterations to the piece, and thanks to the user who brought up the issue with the perspective on the droid. Not sure what happened to them, but their post here and elsewhere seem to have disappeared.

It's funny how when I look at it, I wonder what I was thinking lol. The droids left leg and left arm were at an angle as if we were looking down upon it, even though the horizon line is from its knees and below. So I started out by just making a very simplified version of the droid to help with understanding things easier. I also altered the droids gesture slightly so it doesn't look as stiff, mostly just swung the arms out a tad bit more.

I also tried out 2 different 3D poser programs where you can place a figure and move it around which helped nail down the perspective more and reinforce that it is now properly in perspective. The programs are called Design Doll, and PoseMy.Art (both are free, but have payed versions for more features).

I'd say I am about 60%-ish done with this piece at this point. Got the base lighting down, decided to go with the main light being from the walkway lights, then a slight secondary light from outside. The combination of the outside natural light and walkway lights create a rim light around the main subject so it pops out more from the darkness.

So now I gotta clean up the shading a bit and add texture, highlights, some reflections, then it is done. Hopefully with a bit more focus I can get it done within a week or two tops from now.

(Oh, and also, happy Star Wars day! May the force be with you!)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Zorrentos - 01-02-2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 01-03-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 02-10-2021, 06:36 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Jephyr - 02-05-2022, 02:03 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 02-19-2022, 04:59 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 06-15-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 01-16-2023, 03:55 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 02-03-2023, 10:56 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Leo Ki - 02-03-2023, 12:41 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Leo Ki - 03-01-2023, 12:28 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 11-01-2023, 03:36 PM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Cosmic Inhabitant - 05-05-2024, 09:24 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by darktiste - 05-05-2024, 10:26 AM
RE: Cosmic Inhabitant's Sketchbook - by Lege1 - 05-07-2024, 11:40 PM