Maggot's sketchbook
Tank Rat
Thank you so much for the encouraging words, I really appreciate it! I will definitely be keeping those things in mind! Learning that making a mistake is , in fact, not the end of the world has been life changing for me hahaha Making mistakes is not only unavoidable, but a necessary part of the process!

darktiste
Hey, thank you for your insight and taking the time to leave a comment!
I might be misinterpreting what you wrote, and I apologize if that is the case!  But I think we're basically talking about the same thing. Essentially, one has to make mistakes to learn from in order to improve. Like you said, failure contains information! (Which I think is a beautiful way to put it, btw!)

I will definitely check out the draftsmen video and automatism!! 

--

So for the sake of starting somewhere I've decided to work my way through the CtrlPaint unplugged videos! The first homework assignment was to fill 5 pages with ovals, drawing from your shoulder. Sorry for the crappy phone pic ;-; Only photograped one of them since they were lightly drawn and didn't really wanna show up on camera rip

I am not finished with the second assignment yet, but I thought I would post my progress anyway. These are my attempts at measuring angles of a rectangular object (I used my tarot deck packaging) and getting them as accurate as possible. Observational drawing, and drawing from life is something I really gotta start doing more! Perspective is wonky and proportions a bit inconsistent but I'm trying my best!

Messages In This Thread
Maggot's sketchbook - by maggotjuicebox - 09-09-2021, 07:04 PM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by Tank Rat - 09-10-2021, 04:02 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by darktiste - 09-10-2021, 11:17 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by maggotjuicebox - 09-11-2021, 01:25 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by darktiste - 09-11-2021, 02:08 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by maggotjuicebox - 09-11-2021, 06:27 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by maggotjuicebox - 09-12-2021, 04:13 AM
RE: Maggot's sketchbook - by darktiste - 09-17-2021, 12:17 AM