The AI-generated art of DALL.E 2 - Robots with Flowers.
The output is very impressive and I do think we'll be seeing more and more computer-generated art used in the place of hand-made art, not because it's better, but because it's good enough to justify not paying a skilled artisan to produce something more unique and tailored.

I think the main issue for AI-generated art for the foreseeable future is that it can only produce something derivative of styles that humans have created. DALL.E 2 looks like most of its input was 20th century American art (see the "painting by Caravaggio" in Gurney's post that looks more like a Michael Whelan piece combined with still life flowers). Obviously, this isn't a problem for commercial purposes, but it may mean that hand-made art will continue to have some value in the average person's, and hopefully average client's eyes. As far as concept art goes clients might still prefer a human that can follow instructions more precisely. Unless it's something like "design Sci-Fi soldier #15262462".

Joseph may be right that people will begin to hate computer-generated music and art. It's really a miracle when a piece of art is created that is widely enjoyed by people, and I doubt that anything made by a computer will be able to hit the right notes, based on what can be produced currently.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AI-generated art of DALL.E 2 - Robots with Flowers. - by Pubic Enemy - 05-02-2022, 06:51 AM