Crimson CHOW #41 - Cimmerian Cook
Thumbs Up 
(01-08-2023, 06:07 AM)CBinnsIllustration Wrote: @Lege1 i think you have a terrific start there and, like Darktiste called out, your natural ability to create very readable and lively gesture thumbnails is on point and I find them all great, this is a skill not many artist have and i would let it drive your art more. I would personally not move too far away from them and use them as a closer fountain for your piece. 

What i mean by that is, at times a method i take to my characters is i like to build on a very rough gesture, then use that to create an interesting silhouette, from that i put in the structure and a few element i want to include ( things like hair, face angle, muscle and breast size) and try to fix some of the obvious  anatomy and pose concerns ( some issues are ok at an early stage as you can correct in shading and coloring later, the key is to keep it loose.) Sometimes if i  focus too much on anatomy at this stage that i can flatten and stiffen my characters. Then after im happy with the overall shape i start to add to it and wrap elements around the character. I hope you dont mind but i did a quick process sketch of how i might have take one of your gesture drawings that spoke to me the most. I tried to keep as close to the original shape as possible as that is what i liked about it originally.

But very nice work and i cant wait to see where you go with this :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CBinnsIllustration: Awww man, that is fantastic! Thank you so much for not only the input but the paint over, absolutely great! Yes, thank you so much on the compliments of the gesture thumnails, I do enjoy doing them and have done many over the years. I think your advice is grand about using the gestures closely and not moving to far away from them, along with the idea of keeping things loose.

I definitely like the idea of focusing more on the silhoutte before really getting into detail with the characters inner details, this is a great approach and I do understand the importance of a good silohuette as it really does make the thing read. Thank you so much again for all that as it really means alot, and what you drew up there is great, she looks rough. tough, and like she could whip up a mean feast. lol. 047

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW #41 - Cimmerian Cook - by Lege1 - 01-06-2023, 11:49 PM
RE: Crimson CHOW #41 - Cimmerian Cook - by Lege1 - 01-07-2023, 12:57 PM
RE: Crimson CHOW #41 - Cimmerian Cook - by Lege1 - 01-07-2023, 11:42 PM
RE: Crimson CHOW #41 - Cimmerian Cook - by Lege1 - 01-08-2023, 05:09 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW #41 - Cimmerian Cook - by Lege1 - 01-08-2023, 07:27 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW #41 - Cimmerian Cook - by Lege1 - 01-10-2023, 03:13 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW #41 - Cimmerian Cook - by Lege1 - 01-12-2023, 09:10 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW #41 - Cimmerian Cook - by Lege1 - 01-15-2023, 04:12 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW #41 - Cimmerian Cook - by Lege1 - 01-25-2023, 10:33 AM