Crimson CHOW #42 - Elemental Whisperer
@Lege1 -

If you are in a period when you can take the time to experiment and run, take advantage of it! I think it's the best way to learn unexpected things, not just about art but also about what one wants to do with it.

You're really playing with light, in the Undine piece the surreal bright light comes out of nowhere, like in the old masters' paintings where a face is dramatically illuminated from very close when there is no candle to be seen.

Yup, villains of old tend to be more interesting because of how caricatural the good and bad dichotomy was often portrayed, although things tend to be more human and nuanced nowadays. I was insisting on the good deed because of the brief mentioning a righteous quest - but we can always take it as ironic :P

I started thumbnailing again, following your advice. I should have known, but on my tiny tablet it always seems like I'm thumbnailing, it's confusing.

Thank you for the Muddy Colors link. I especially like how he exposes the lack of intention in the AI-generated images.

@PE - 

Thank you! That's a relief, I don't have to rethink the whole idea.

About the mini-golem - It's because I can't remain serious for too long. The first one I drew on top of a slate that the whisperer holds over her head, it came as a surprise to me and I wanted to keep the mood.

Here are my latest sketches, building a bit of background story.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW #42 - Elemental Whisperer - by Leo Ki - 02-16-2023, 01:03 PM