Crimson CHOW #42 - Elemental Whisperer
@Pubic Enemy thank you so much man and the ethereal look I was trying best to pull off; I was hoping someone would say something about that so I can tell the readability success of that particular mood/ effect. Yes, I have been on fire lately. Rawk! I appreciate the metal comment on the Salamander for sure; thank you!

@Leo Ki Yes, when I get down time I pour a lot into my art and self development both physical and mental. I love Carvaggios work and love to play with the lighting and try new things. Exactly, I like to create artificial lighting situation or dramatic reflection effects. Ironic indeed,lol.

This is great you have gone back to the thumbnailing and it already looks like its working out pretty well for you. Defnitely explore heavily with different camera angles and perspective in your compositions and see where it takes you. David Finch has great information in general on youtube, just look for his channel and he has some great info on perspective, composition 101, figures in perspective etc; definitely don't sleep on him or his information that is FREE. Also, be sure to number or name your thumbnails so they can easily be reffered to in conversation, it just makes it easier to target them. So far I really like the bottom right. Keep up the great work!

Also, smaller tablets can be better. I love using the Wacom Intous 3, I feel it's the best tablet wacom ever made and I love the button set up on it, the model it PTZ-630 and I would go for the 6x8 tablet. You can download the driver for it and buy nibs on amazon or the wacom site, and you can find the tablets and pen used and cheap on ebay. The 6x8" size is a game changer if you're using something small like a bamboo. I currently use a Wacom Intuous Pro.

This is the current rough I have going for the Sylph / Wind Elemental; I'm hoping to try and get some good kinetic energy and movement in this piece. 

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW #42 - Elemental Whisperer - by Lege1 - 02-16-2023, 07:56 PM