Schnee’s sketchbook!
mocks finished,,, yippee Smirk 

@Darktiste 
you raise alot of fair points, especially the one about practical exercises and the one about having fun. its important that i strike a good balance between improving skills and enjoying myself.

i had a go at the challenge you suggested. (this is two point persepective) 
ill admit, my persepective skills are low, but i dont want to focus on persepective yet - i feel there are other fundementals i wanna deal with first.
...and i JUST realised ive forgotten to add the shadow of the stacked block onto the block under it... oops D33561e9

ive made some good progress on the eagle painting

i found some small brushes i didnt realise i had which did help alot with the feathers. i realise that the leg feathers are too dark, and the beak/legs are less vibrant/more matte than id had hoped. the tail also needs a bit more work. i am proud of the eagle's white head feathers though, that turned out really well.

heres the reference btw:

ive JUST NOW realised that those arent rocks, its tree bark.
i am realising alot of old mistakes now, huh... 070

ive also made a start on a new mini painting. this time of my own character, covalent bond (james bond... but its a covalently bonded molecule ehehehe) in a cornfield. this is a scene from a roleplay me and a friend are doing. 
im not that happy with how i added the wash. i feel like ive added it to the wrong places,,, also the wash REALLY obscured the background sketches (not that devastating tho, my sketches arent really much help on such a small canvas). i am thinking of practicing drawing grass/cornfield/the background elements on paper before i do it on this canvas, since i wanna get the technique down before i get painting.

I ACTUALLY PLANNED OUT THE POSE BEFOREHAND FOR THIS ONE!! YIPPEE!

im celebrarting so hard because ive recently been feeling like the poses ive been drawing havent been conveying the emotions im trying to express as well as id wanted (for example, the one with the wolf and my friend's OC, and another artwork thats on my ipad that i havent posted here yet (im trying to make sure i have a study schedule in place before i give myself back ipad priviledges Bomb )).

finally, heres a drawing w/ some oil pastels i recently got. alot more messier since i was just testing/experimenting/having a first go.

was again focusing on pose and this is actually the first time ive managed to successfully get the pose to look decent on such a boxy character. yippee!!  Th_100_ 

heres the pose planning again:

ive been recently inspired by comic-like artstyles such as the smurfs and super bomberman R/super bomberman R2. 
i love their use of more varied line thickness and very dynamic, exxagerated poses!! (hence my interest in improving my pose skills.) i want to try imitate/magpie the line thickness part of the style too one day.
heres some examples:

credits - image 1 from Super Bomberman R Online by Konami Digital Entertainment, image 2 from Super Bomberman R2 by Konami Digital Entertainment, image 3 & 4 from Les Schtroumpfs (The Smurfs) by Pierre Culliford

Messages In This Thread
Schnee’s sketchbook! - by schnee_s0up - 02-06-2024, 07:54 AM
RE: Schnee’s sketchbook! - by schnee_s0up - 02-06-2024, 10:49 AM
RE: Schnee’s sketchbook! - by JosephCow - 02-07-2024, 07:23 AM
RE: Schnee’s sketchbook! - by schnee_s0up - 02-09-2024, 04:20 AM
RE: Schnee’s sketchbook! - by cgmythology - 02-08-2024, 11:28 PM
RE: Schnee’s sketchbook! - by schnee_s0up - 02-09-2024, 05:30 AM
RE: Schnee’s sketchbook! - by schnee_s0up - 02-12-2024, 11:57 AM
RE: Schnee’s sketchbook! - by Jephyr - 02-14-2024, 05:18 AM
RE: Schnee’s sketchbook! - by schnee_s0up - 02-15-2024, 05:49 AM
RE: Schnee’s sketchbook! - by cgmythology - 02-17-2024, 12:58 PM
RE: Schnee’s sketchbook! - by schnee_s0up - 02-18-2024, 06:44 AM