Yianni's Goals
Hey everyone!
I'm 17 years old and I really want to get into Illustrations and it has been my dream for the past 7 months. I always knew the only thing I was half decent at through School is art. So now I got to really focus on it.
I thought this thread would be the perfect way to ensure I reach these goals by the end of this year.

-Learn the figure.
I want to be able to move the figure freely in my compositions as most illustrators. This means massive anatomy studys.
-Get my light and shadows "right".
I really want to be able to make the shapes in my Illustrations "pop". I've been able to do it half-decently. But I'm far from the standard I want to be at.
-Get a decent portfolio
At the moment my portfolio is rough, and my sense of style is all over the place. So this goal is also to find my own style and consistently use it through my pieces. I'm looking at a portfolio of around 10 images.
-Have 100 Watchers on DeviantArt
Although It's just a number, having a follow up seems important in order to reach my next goal...
-Get some "real" work
Recently I got my first DA "point" commission. I didn't really advertise point commissions, although someone asked me to do a job for them. I want to lead perhaps point commissions into actually getting paid commissions.

These are my goals so far. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to recommend them to me!