Chrysley's Sketchbook
Hi guys!

Been checking out this place and I finally decided to make a sketchbook here since all the other places where I post just pretty much ignore newbies and don't give feedback. I hope this community is welcoming and I hope to get lots of criticisms and feedback. Also looking forward to finding sketch buddies and groups. :)

Anyway here are some of my stuff:

A few recent ones:

Back to figure study. My gesture lines totally suck. You can probably see me struggling in a lot of places on this one. I need to do more quick and gestural studies. I have this bad habit of trying to render a study which is counterproductive to what I'm trying to learn.

Awesome work! really liking the poses and studies, the enviros look really cool too!

Wow, really solid values in this studies!
If I might suggest something, focus a bit more on the shapes of the face - since you're trying to make academic studies, the faces are still reading a bit anime-like. Focus a bit more on the shape of the eyes, placing them inside the skull and make them read as round - they are eyeballs covered with eyelids after all :)

But man, spot on values. Love the environments too.

(07-20-2012, 01:50 PM)Ursula Dorada Wrote: Wow, really solid values in this studies!
If I might suggest something, focus a bit more on the shapes of the face - since you're trying to make academic studies, the faces are still reading a bit anime-like. Focus a bit more on the shape of the eyes, placing them inside the skull and make them read as round - they are eyeballs covered with eyelids after all :)

But man, spot on values. Love the environments too.

Thanks so much for the feedback! Really appreciate it and will definitely work on it. :)

@wla91: Thanks dude!

Been pretty busy this week. Had lots of stuff and errands to do. Fortunately still had some time to do studies.

Good stuff. Love your approach to studies. You're not rushing anything and trying to really absorb as many as possible. You are a great human!

Really great sketchbook, I absolutely LOVE the image with the birds and green and white/blue structure contrast by the reds in the earth/water, beautiful use of colour and choice of colour palette, really eye catching.
As a way to improve in anatomy I'd say probably fitting the whold body in and not being cut off at the middle could help you with the form and overall structure when creating from imagination. Other than that just keep up the hard and great work!