One of those. (Critique)
Hi, with this painting I actually did several thumbnails and picked that camera view for my final, the idea at first was to make a temple inspired from the Zelda universe. I wanted to make the entrance to the water temple but it looks so weak.

[Image: the_island_cave__by_jjeeaann-d58dyf4.jpg]

Thanks.
Uhm hi there jjeeaann! :)

My biggest problem with the picture right now is the fact that the tree and the island have exact same size and shape. Also, the rocks all seem to be rendered very "contrasty" from almost pure white to very dark - within every form. The rocks on the right side would be more in shadow and not have so strong highlights. Always consider your lightsource. Also, I'd move the boat and maybe turn it into a more storytelling kind of thing - maybe someone's on their way to this place for instance.

[Image: 1z1qqva.jpg]

I also pushed scale a bit more -> smaller boat, more massive island.
Hope it helped :) Have a nice day and happy painting

/Benjamin
Thank you so much bro! that paint over really helped the painting! I really need to start thinking in those composition fundamentals in all my paintintgs, thanks man.
I have the same issue as you as far as overall composition! It's so easy to get lost in the details you want to emphasize.

Nice image so far :)

Sorry for not posting this earlier, did the changes and is looking better:
[Image: PBSCC.jpg]