buzzwerd's sketchbook
Hey guys. Been watching all the Crimson Daggers videos, and browsed the forums a few times, but never made an account. Around the end of July when I started watching those videos it got me really pumped to try doing some photoshop work. I've always done more cartoony, 2D kind of things stuff using Flash and Illustrator, and only dabbled once in a while in more realistic stuff. Anyway I'll post some of my sketches from when I started and where I am now.

Started Late July:
Decided to get started with faces, since i figured it'd be the hardest thing for me. It definitely was really hard, I don't think I made much progress here.

[Image: DLvG3.jpg]

August:
More faces, studies and stuff. Got the Loomis book on faces and that's definitely helping. Looking back i'm pretty disappointed with how little I actually did in August.

[Image: GlDSb.jpg]

September:
At the start of the month I found that doing a whole environment is a lot more satisfying than drawings things in blank space, so I've been practicing landscapes. I'm not very good at sketching line art, I feel a lot more comfortable putting down values, not sure if that's something I need to work on.

[Image: OAB2L.jpg]
Didn't do any drawing for like a week, probably avoiding doing the figure/color studies I desperately need to, and it was a struggle but I got started again.

Focused a lot on it just looking like a human for this one. I can see some issues with the perspective, a lot of proportion stuff too. I'll keep working at it.

[Image: X3gw6.png]
Hey Buzzwerd, welcome to the forums man! Great start to a sketchbook, keep it up with these studies and don't forget to show us some of your imagination work as well, when you can!
(09-21-2012, 11:20 AM)Dennis Kutsenko Wrote: Hey Buzzwerd, welcome to the forums man! Great start to a sketchbook, keep it up with these studies and don't forget to show us some of your imagination work as well, when you can!

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Spent today doodling a bunch of stupid stuff with a friend, but at least I got some drawing done! I did do one quick anatomy/skin tone study, but man.... i need some desperate help.

[Image: TXRXm.png]
Man I totally forgot to keep up with my sketchbook here, even though i'm always lurking. Haven't been drawing as much as I'd like, but i'm still keeping at it. Going to start attending life drawing sessions too a couple times a week, hopefully that'll help.

[Image: 4Q9fXGZ.png]

[Image: Oa06Sw4.png]

[Image: n9GweER.png]

[Image: PZ8YSRS.png]

[Image: irLWOUv.png]

[Image: Cxqy2FQ.jpg]

[Image: DzUmGDb.png]