Drew much today? (lol)
Another minor update,
Peace!

[Image: 77775_10151267097567284_1496739915_o.jpg]

My newest blog and DA account:

STUDIO-ECHELON

STUDIO ECHELON ON DA

Man,
I haven't been here for a year, was a mistake!
I will do my best to stay consistent this time.

[Image: what_do_you_think__by_studio_echelon-d6jfkw1.jpg]

[Image: superman_by_studio_echelon-d6jflas.jpg]

[Image: shaman_by_studio_echelon-d6jfllb.jpg]

Thoughts?
Cheers!

STUDIO-ECHELON

STUDIO ECHELON ON DA

Another update!
I'm finally and VERY slowly starting to understand color, still like BW more though. :)

[Image: act_of_art_by_studio_echelon-d6lmiqm.jpg]

PLEASE COMMENT CRITIQUE! :)

The upper left guy...I messed up his mouth but decided to leave it after filling it in.

STUDIO-ECHELON

STUDIO ECHELON ON DA

I think you'll eventually grow to adore color once you've got a solid hang of it and start experimenting. Doing great!

(09-09-2013, 08:52 PM)Vandall Wrote: I think you'll eventually grow to adore color once you've got a solid hang of it and start experimenting. Doing great!

Thank you sir!
My biggest mistake so far in art is: too much theory, too little application.

I'm trying to balance it out to: 1 unit of theory/learning = double the application

Finally realized I ain't got all day...lol...

STUDIO-ECHELON

STUDIO ECHELON ON DA

More color practice and darksied.

[Image: crayola_fun_by_studio_echelon-d6md1pv.jpg]

No ref for the apple, did have a pear for the pear. :)

Also, HELP!
my darksied picture isn't finished because I'm lost as to how I should proceed, if someone can advise it would be most appreciated.
I am unsure how to tighten it up and give it better clarity and contrast.

[Image: ds_by_studio_echelon-d6md299.jpg]

Cheers!

STUDIO-ECHELON

STUDIO ECHELON ON DA

Darkseid! Definitely one of my favorite DC villains. The reason you're having trouble with bringing to more of a finish is because you're lost on what the forms are in your picture and how to go about rendering those forms. How much perspective drawing have you done? I ask because your pictures also lack a good sense of solidity and construction, and this is remedied by really studying perspective and absorbing that information. I'd suggest checking out Scott Robertson's Gnomon DVD called Basic Perspective Drawing, if you haven't already. It's a great starting point with enough information to keep you busy for months and months.

(09-15-2013, 10:16 PM)MrFrenik Wrote: Darkseid! Definitely one of my favorite DC villains. The reason you're having trouble with bringing to more of a finish is because you're lost on what the forms are in your picture and how to go about rendering those forms. How much perspective drawing have you done? I ask because your pictures also lack a good sense of solidity and construction, and this is remedied by really studying perspective and absorbing that information. I'd suggest checking out Scott Robertson's Gnomon DVD called Basic Perspective Drawing, if you haven't already. It's a great starting point with enough information to keep you busy for months and months.

MrFrenik!
Thank you so much, I would have never guessed perspective to have something to do with it,
I'll check out the dvd you've mentioned, I love Gnomon!

Thanks so much for the advice,
much appreciated! :)

STUDIO-ECHELON

STUDIO ECHELON ON DA

Some more works, some still life, two female characters from 2011, one is an OC, the other with the sword is a WW redesign.

Cheers! and Critiques. :)

[Image: some_sketchdump_study_by_studio_echelon-d6n5uxd.jpg]

[Image: wonder_woman_by_studio_echelon-d6n0f10.jpg]

[Image: oc___no_name__for_now___by_studio_echelon-d6n0eu3.jpg]

[Image: my_tea_cup_by_studio_echelon-d6n0hns.jpg]

STUDIO-ECHELON

STUDIO ECHELON ON DA

Tongue 
A little inspiration from the show Arrow, my depiction of the main theme of season 2, or at least what I think will happen. :D

Enjoy! More to come. :)

[Image: arrow_season_2_tribute_by_studio_echelon-d6r4zqd.jpg]

STUDIO-ECHELON

STUDIO ECHELON ON DA

NOIR!

[Image: noir_by_studio_echelon-d6r9ctq.jpg]

STUDIO-ECHELON

STUDIO ECHELON ON DA

I'd like some advice on how to work consistently, I'm trying to figure out a some sort of a project that will take me a good 6 months of work to complete, graphic novel type where I explore different art techniques.

Any suggestions?Efb50fe2

STUDIO-ECHELON

STUDIO ECHELON ON DA

hey! nice sketchbook! I like that you're exploring a bit of composition.
About the project, I think everybody has their methods. In my case, I listen to audiobooks, scientific or philosophical debates (yes, as nerdy as it sounds) or ultimately, something (not music) that keeps me on the chair, while I draw. But again, it's a personal method.
I'd also advice not to stop studying. Keep doing studies and improving, even if you're doing a personal project, don't stop learinng.
Cheers!

The MOST important thing for you to study consistently right now is your perspective, man. Your drawings are suffering because of it, and really focusing on that fundamental will be a crucial turning point in your drawing ability, I absolutely guarantee it.

(10-22-2013, 11:48 AM)Rognoll Wrote: hey! nice sketchbook! I like that you're exploring a bit of composition.
About the project, I think everybody has their methods. In my case, I listen to audiobooks, scientific or philosophical debates (yes, as nerdy as it sounds) or ultimately, something (not music) that keeps me on the chair, while I draw. But again, it's a personal method.
I'd also advice not to stop studying. Keep doing studies and improving, even if you're doing a personal project, don't stop learinng.
Cheers!

Thanks for the advice,
I will get into some studies, I'll try to make it into a habit so as to not let it become some overwhelming enigma.

Cheers!

(10-22-2013, 09:04 PM)MrFrenik Wrote: The MOST important thing for you to study consistently right now is your perspective, man. Your drawings are suffering because of it, and really focusing on that fundamental will be a crucial turning point in your drawing ability, I absolutely guarantee it.

Yeah, I really need to sit my ass down and do that, I've got a lot of resources which I'm just not using which I should use since I paid for them. :/

I should have some breathing room this weekend, I'll crack open some books and tuts.

Cheers!

STUDIO-ECHELON

STUDIO ECHELON ON DA