Visual perception
Hello there.

I've recently started to inquire laws of composition and visual perception. Since I wrote a master thesis on brand management, I knew a little bit of theory of how marketing visuals should be constructed in order to draw attention, but I wasn't quite smart enough to implement it in my paintings (at least till recently). I've been analyzing how I perceive images lately and I'm slowly gathering knoweldge on the topic.

I'd be very thankful if you helped me out a bit. Below I have a small experiment. Please follow the guidelines.

1. Below are 2 images I've painted recently - Image A and Image B ( which is a mirrored version of image A).

I would like you to look at them one after another and remember your eyeflow - by that I mean places where your eye looked at first, then the place it moved next and next till your mind 'grasped' full image.

2. Please click on the spoiler button to view Image A [It may load slowly so better click and immediately close your eyes for 2 or so seconds]

3. Please write down your eyeflow. (You can just write down names of things you've seen according to the order you've seen them)

4. Close the spoiler by clicking on the button once more. Then close your eyes for one second, "empty your mind" and click on the second spoiler button to view Image B.

5. Write down your eyeflow.

Thank You a lot!

If you have some thoughts you'd like to share, please feel free to do so (for example which one do you like better).
Also, if you've wrote down what I've asked for you can see a bonus:
I may not be around till monday, so thank you in advance for response.

For me this is what happened.

A - big black cavity, mountain, dragon in top right, left cloud, borders
of image back up to dragon

B - dragon, mountain down, mountain pathway out of
image bottom left back to the right of the
image and dragons and then clouds on the right.

A - Dark shadow area on the lower left, dragon and the bright light, surroundings.

B - Bright light, dark shadow area, ground to the left, sky to the right, back to dragon
for the first my eye was drawn to the rainbow effect, then straight down to the rock, then across horizontally befor going back up to the bright light and the dragon

for the second my eye went diagnally down form the bright light/dragon to the right hand bottom corner, before going up to the rainbow cloud formation.

not sure if this was the point of the exercise, but my eyes felt "uncomfortable" scanning the first image the darkness transition to bright light wasn't easy, whilst the flipped version with the bright light being on the left was a much "calmer" transition to scan...guessing its from reading that my eye is initially drawn to the top left and then tries to process what it is seeing, but the distance from the edge of the canvas to the saturated colour in the clouds on the first image is unsettling for the eye, whilsty flipped its a natural tail off for the eye to relax/ignore...bizarre XD
Thanks for the input guys!!!

I hope more people will post.