Paint over
Hi guys, need a critique and paint over of this piece. The guy on the right is terrible, he looks like a melted Ken doll so I would appreciate some tips if anyones got the time. Also, I'm not too sure why the green forest giant dude looks like he is wearing a 'viney' evening jacket.

Thanks in advance.

James

[Image: swamp.jpg]
The giant looks like he's walking away from us. You should push some depth and atmosphere in-between his legs to make one leg seem closer to us than the other. The guy to the right looks very malplaced - he's in complete shadow yet he have light on him - it looks like he belongs to a different light setting - make him grey/greenish and change his pose to maybe be peeking out across the tree towards the giant - to see if the giant is still on his way.

Just some ideas.
You have mist on the giant's left leg (our left) and that makes us automatically think that this leg is in the background, hence walking away. Put the mist over the other leg instead, that will bring the bent leg forward.

Stay away from pure black in your shadows :} Your mr man is blending into the tree a little too much

hi, it my first time i do this i hope you don't mind the overpainting. i'm also a beginner by myself but maybe it helps a little bit!

things far away have less saturation and less contrast. because the atmosphere blablbalbalbal....
tried to give your stuff more depth with adding more small trees and fog and the saturation and contrast thing i .. maybe you should do even more..

don't know that are just suggestions ^^ let me know if it did helped

[Image: wvtmbq.jpg]

Thanks guys! All great advice. And thanks Nimao for the paint over, some very valid points all round. I will post an update soon.

Hi guys,

Did a quick paint over including your feedback. I lost the man for now as he was just 'orrible.

I thought i would try and bring the arm forward as if reaching, not sure this comes across just yet but its all WIP.

Thanks again,
James

[Image: swamp2.jpg]