Time to say hello ! =]
Where to start?

Boil a brew, pop open a redbull. And thanks for your time o7

I have been lurking around here for a wee while now.

Having stopped drawing and designing for several years though, the resources and inspiration were still being bought, read and stored. Brought over to Crimson Daggers by Mr Rapozas incredible art work, which was stumbled upon on the Deviant art website while gathering inspiration for an image bank that was started several months ago.

Waaaaaay back in June while on a family holiday I had downloaded onto my phone Mr Brad Rigneys, "A hostile takeover" tutorial that I purchased.

Sitting watching this in bed with the headset on while my wife and kid slept, I was taken back to a world that I wanted to be part of several years ago while studying Graphic Design and Multimedia.

The rescource gathering swung into full operation. Using Youtube to its full potential, I came across Dave Rapozas wonderfull tutorials, was introduced to Daarken, kekai kotaki and numerous other masters.

To those gentlemen, I salute you for the inspiration that you give us all from your tutorials and interviews (interviews hosted on the daves youtube page).

If you have read this far, big man hug!!

About me. 39 years old, husband and father. Work full time.

My deviant page link

http://damage-incoming.deviantart.com/

No art is uploaded. Just online inspiration. Not ready to upload work there yet.

youtube page

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=FLI...ym-occDAvg

I have been drawing since a kid. How to draw comics the marvel way, bought waaaaaaay back in 1987. Wow!!! What a book. Stick figures then cylanders and spheres, flesh it out. Pencil in the lines. Mannnnnn, thats friggin batman ah just drew *wink.

I hope to help others and receive the crit and makes friends. Aiming to upload a piece everyweek. Spare time is tight, roughly 3-4 hours a night.

Is there ts or ventrillo in use here. Would be good to chat about life and art with others. I miss the college/studio environment. Its magical to be with others with the same interests. People can thrive.

Take care o/
thanks for the compliment - you seem a very inspired fellow - can't wait to see what will come of your imagination :)
Totally knew you were a Brit with the popping a brew on comment!

Welcome to the community! :}

(10-11-2012, 06:47 AM)Laura_H Wrote: Totally knew you were a Brit with the popping a brew on comment!

Welcome to the community! :}

Thank you very much Laura H.

Fly safe!

o7
Can't wait to see what you post! Joining this forum is a great start to better things!
(10-12-2012, 05:08 AM)CrashPoint Wrote: Can't wait to see what you post! Joining this forum is a great start to better things!

Thanks Crash. Hope you are well. Been doing some doodling in my spare time. Will post some fun next week. Busy weekend with family and staff night out later today o/