Zaphk's Gorilla Guardian
Hey guys,
I'm loving those challenges and this group, very fun so far.
This is some of my studies and my take on Gorilla Guardians.
I made some studies to get her personality, anatomy and the final comp. Tried to give a "human" feeling and some exaggerated proportions.
Also tried to run away from my usual style and themes hah

I already submitted, but any constructive criticism is welcome! ;)

[Image: GG_s1.png]
[Image: GG_s2.png]
[Image: GG_s3_640.png]
[Image: GG_s4.png]
[Image: GG_s5_640.png][Image: GG_s7.png]
[Image: GG_s8.png]
[Image: GG_s9.png]
Final Pic:

[Image: GG-Alzamira_toy_640.png]
I like it. Only problem I could find was that my eyes went all over the picture. Like if there was no focal point (I think this is the right term, correct me if I'm wrong).
Really like the character design on this, lots of detail. Nice piece of work. Perhaps Rey is right with the focal point issue but the rendering is superb.

Nice one girl, keep it up :D

The character is really well painted, and I love the whole design with the character downward. But the top part, or more so top left, with the "with lights and sound" text looks looks underwhelming and has a lot of negative space around it. I feel like that text should look really excited about the fact that it has light and sound, maybe make it bigger? caps? in a balloon? another shape? Looking at how professional packages dealt with the action descriptions can give some ideas.

Anything to do with text and design has been a struggle for me so I'm trying to get better by criting other peoples' design in hopes I remember what I've been taught in classes. XD
@Rey Thank you! =) I know what you mean, but I'm not sure how to fix it...don't know if changing the light would help or if the whole composition have problems. I'll try to fix it.
@FlyByKnight Thanks, I'm glad you like! I'll try to fix this issue.
@SulaMoon Hey! Thank you =D
You got me Jessica Salehi hahaha I had big problems with all the texts, especially the "lights and sound" one. I hope I still can make some changes and send the picture again =x
good job man! I really like this.

Thanks, yog joshi!
Here's the final without the texts:
[Image: bloodsport04.png]