Environments guy!
Hi guys,

I've been following Crimson Daggers on and off for a year or two now and took a break when I got more into environments than character art - which is often a main focus here. But I thought I'd re-introduce myself to the community to see if there's anyone else out there who either needs help with environments or can give ME help with mine :)

My site is: stayinwonderland.com

I notice a distinct lack of help on the pro forums these days so I'd like to help out when/if I have enough to offer. I love the Crimson Daggers community and would like to start my own some day but focusing more on environments as I think such a thing is absent in the digital art world. At least one with this level of community spirit.

My work has featured on web sites such as Evermotion, 3dtotal, CGarchitect, CGarena and won the DD at DeviantART. But I still desperately need to suck less and get a job in this field or die trying.

Hell, I might even get back into character art again :)

Hey dude! nice works i just sussed out out website :D your 3D scenes are very awesome!
I'd love some help with my scenery.. I can't seam to get the whole " implied detail when there isnt any real detail" Hehe Let me know if you wana have a chat! i'd love to pick your brains :)

Hope you stick around.

Jace.
http://vorseth.deviantart.com/
Hey there,

Cheers :)

Well, my problem is that if I do a nice scene, I don't quite know how or why I did what I did. I have zero training and I'm totally self taught. The only thing I could maybe say that taught me was watching a few Feng Zhu vids.

So I can't qualitatively say how a painting is wrong etc. Kinda funny really!

For now, if there's a question about any of my stuff or you have a question about any of your stuff then fire away. I might start a thread or project some day where we can all get our environment heads on and do some learning.

(10-23-2012, 10:52 PM)stayinwonderland Wrote: Hey there,

Cheers :)

Well, my problem is that if I do a nice scene, I don't quite know how or why I did what I did. I have zero training and I'm totally self taught. The only thing I could maybe say that taught me was watching a few Feng Zhu vids.

So I can't qualitatively say how a painting is wrong etc. Kinda funny really!

For now, if there's a question about any of my stuff or you have a question about any of your stuff then fire away. I might start a thread or project some day where we can all get our environment heads on and do some learning.

Hi Siw, how are you?

Great skills. Have you ever heard of Ramon Zancanaro?

Cheers!
(10-27-2012, 11:22 AM)Fredy Martins Wrote: Hi Siw, how are you?

Cheers!

Hey there, good thanks.

I have now! Wow he is good. I shall take some inspiration from him.

Thanks
Andy

(10-27-2012, 08:54 PM)stayinwonderland Wrote:
(10-27-2012, 11:22 AM)Fredy Martins Wrote: Hi Siw, how are you?

Cheers!

Hey there, good thanks.

I have now! Wow he is good. I shall take some inspiration from him.

Thanks
Andy

Great!

He is a good friend of mine, I can ask him if I can put you in contact if you want.
Really? That's most kind. I'm not sure if there would be much point though, unless he himself needs people like me to work for him?