Blackbear's sketchbook
This is my 1st day of the crimson daggers. This is sketchbook thread I hope keep limited to sketches and studies. Hopefully I get to know you guys, enjoy

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to the forum Blackbear. :)

The aligator "sir" looks funny. Nice sketching there!
Waiting for more stuff.
Try to update daily if you get the time.
Welcome and I hope you'll enjoy your time here, as well as developing your art skills.

(10-28-2012, 07:53 PM)Nemome Wrote: Welcome to the forum Blackbear. :)

The aligator "sir" looks funny. Nice sketching there!
Waiting for more stuff.
Try to update daily if you get the time.

Thanks alot Nemome lol, I will def try and update daily. That sounds like a fun challenge

(10-28-2012, 10:31 PM)Mythtaken Wrote: Welcome and I hope you'll enjoy your time here, as well as developing your art skills.

Thnx Mythtaken, I was fortunate to see your work recently, good stuff!!
Finally back again, here are some figure drawing studies along with some other things from imagination, Im pretty sure you can tell which are from imagination. Also did some studies of the arm, the page with the bones was with ref and the other pages was me applying what I learned without it. My wack caravan drawing and some thumbnails for a background .Constructive crits are more than welcome, enjoy.

Attached Files Image(s)

Though I know the site is more focused on chaacters ,here I have one finished background along with the thumbnails I did for it , as well as a work n progress.

enjoy, critiques are more than welcome.

Attached Files Image(s)

here are some drawings Ive done over the last 2 days. one is a speed sketch roughly 40 min, another one is an interior (work in progress ) of an environment/ circus , and a practice of some techniques Ive learned over the week. no refs used. Critiques are more than welcome

Attached Files Image(s)

Time for an update, basically an actual finished character painting a rare thing for me haha and some studies of indian architecture and a morning sketch . I think the sketch was almost hour, cant really remember.Also a still life yaaayy for still lifes!!
enjoy

Attached Files Image(s)

quick sketches about thirty minutes each and a work in progress background.

Attached Files Image(s)

couple practice sketches and designs. just practice for later illustrations coming soon

Attached Files Image(s)

I hv been away from the community for a while but I am back now so here is to start it off. some mech stuff, its been a while so composed are 2 more finished paintings along with some 30 min sketches. yaayy

Attached Files Image(s)

quick practice

Attached Files Image(s)

here is the new one for the day

Attached Files Image(s)

so I have a couple torso studies, 2 min each, I had to do a refresher on them because sometimes when you improve, you realize something is wrong with the method you used b4. and I did a ninja design for a friend (just a sketch) to see if he would give me the ok so I can do a more finished design. Also feel free to give me some suggestions on the designs please . then I did a color study using only the hard brush of one of my fav movies of the year , Paranorman. Then I tried to utilize what I learned from the study to approach the adventure time picture. This is only a small portion of the image. there is a lot more to the finished piece, I just have to finish hha

Attached Files Image(s)

quick studies on lighting and one min torso studies

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-25-2013, 11:02 AM)Michael Blackbear Uwandi Wrote: quick studies on lighting and one min torso studies

good work man,
keep it up!
some quick sketch of legs from imagination, cnt really tell you how long but for sure no more than a min and half each. and some cyborg sketches and lighting sketches as well. just for fun

Attached Files Image(s)

Great stuff dude! Keeeep em coming :D Love your figure work, on the second last one of the guy in the suit, his legs look a little short :D only crit i am capable of giving :D love your style
I really love what you got going on here, especially with the last few ones, give mine look when you get a min, great color and lighting btw http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1501.html

(02-27-2013, 12:26 PM)Vorseth Wrote: Great stuff dude! Keeeep em coming :D Love your figure work, on the second last one of the guy in the suit, his legs look a little short :D only crit i am capable of giving :D love your style

hey dude , thnx a lot for stopping by and viewing my thread . and yes you are right , I kept looking like I knew something was wrong by the proportions but could not figure out what it was hahaha. thnx a lot!

(02-27-2013, 12:57 PM)NickHuddleston Wrote: I really love what you got going on here, especially with the last few ones, give mine look when you get a min, great color and lighting btw http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1501.html

hey thnx a lot its greatly appreciated :-)