My Deathline...
I'm giving myself till the end of Feb to perfect materials and backgrounds for character paintings, and learn the basics of environments. That gives me about a month per subj. I'm learning some now, but I'm getting married on Nov 17th so have a lot of more important things to focus on atm and wont get REAL serious until the very end of Nov when I get back from my honeymoon. On an occassion I will be getting on Livestream doing some studies if anyone wants to pop in and give advice or just say hello :) On Livestream my name is Matt Allen.
(10-29-2012, 03:52 PM)Matthew Wrote: I'm giving myself till the end of Feb to perfect materials and backgrounds for character paintings, and learn the basics of environments. That gives me about a month per subj. I'm learning some now, but I'm getting married on Nov 17th so have a lot of more important things to focus on atm and wont get REAL serious until the very end of Nov when I get back from my honeymoon. On an occassion I will be getting on Livestream doing some studies if anyone wants to pop in and give advice or just say hello :) On Livestream my name is Matt Allen.

Good luck on those goals...I am studying anatomy right now, but styll need to also study tha same things that you are currently working on...I hope to work on that stuff starting later next year.
(11-08-2012, 01:00 PM)bmarcel85 Wrote:
(10-29-2012, 03:52 PM)Matthew Wrote: I'm giving myself till the end of Feb to perfect materials and backgrounds for character paintings, and learn the basics of environments. That gives me about a month per subj. I'm learning some now, but I'm getting married on Nov 17th so have a lot of more important things to focus on atm and wont get REAL serious until the very end of Nov when I get back from my honeymoon. On an occassion I will be getting on Livestream doing some studies if anyone wants to pop in and give advice or just say hello :) On Livestream my name is Matt Allen.

Good luck on those goals...I am studying anatomy right now, but styll need to also study tha same things that you are currently working on...I hope to work on that stuff starting later next year.

Thanks :) And good luck on your anatomy too. I watched a video with David Finch where he talked about how he learned anatomy... His mentor made him get a medical book about anatomy and literally draw every image in that book. It was tedious, but by the end of that book he was a pro! And if things like that start feeling too tedious, just remember, every piano player has to learn the boring Mary Had a Little Lamb and Happy Birthday songs before they can learn to play Canon in D or Moonlight Sonata.
Gr8 advice...I actually just asked my sister, who is in med school, if I could have some of her books...Looks like I might be on the right track then! ;)