Adventure time Fan Art!
[Image: d5jv1uo]
link in case the image does not show: http://fav.me/d5jv1uo

I made this Artwork for a friend of mine! I tried to put my style in this cartoon I love so much! I still strugle with drawing hair, I think it's something so hard to make right and I refuse to use some pre-made brushes (Until someone prove they do work XD)!
I sketched the background cuz I had a Deadline to deliver! I'm not seeking for a critique, but I'd like to know you're opinion and receive some tips; technique, color, expression, whatever, post a reply plz!!!!
Thank you all!^^:@
Great expressions! Keep an eye out for your values as well as your edges, you can increase the illusion of depth by softening the edges. As objects increase in distance they also decrease in detail, use value and soft edges to push and pull your objects in your painting. I am working on a piece now that is driving me crazy, values, soft edges aaarrrggggg.......

Great work.

Eric
Elmstreetart.com

(11-04-2012, 04:03 PM)Elmst Wrote: Great expressions! Keep an eye out for your values as well as your edges, you can increase the illusion of depth by softening the edges. As objects increase in distance they also decrease in detail, use value and soft edges to push and pull your objects in your painting. I am working on a piece now that is driving me crazy, values, soft edges aaarrrggggg.......

Great work.

Eric
Elmstreetart.com

Thx for commentting! I'm definitly paying more attention on those aspects in my next artwork! I like this depth field tip, I can't wait to try it!! Thank u!
Great work, man!
I'm not into this art style at all but this speaks to me since I like AT. The only thing I'd point out that the ground seems quite too empty and blurry to me. Dunno if it comes with the style but that's how I feel about it.
(11-07-2012, 06:23 PM)SangHee Wrote: Great work, man!
I'm not into this art style at all but this speaks to me since I like AT. The only thing I'd point out that the ground seems quite too empty and blurry to me. Dunno if it comes with the style but that's how I feel about it.

I'm glad that you as a AT fan liked it!! I'll definitly pay more attention to the foreground next time, I loved the tip of hard and soft edges the other guy gave me, and I'd definitly increase the amount of detail if I reworked this piece, in fact I was planning to include the Adventure time Logo below but end up giving up on it!
Thanks for replying!