Droppin Thangs
And here's another finished ork piece. So far I've been able to stick with finishing 1 painting at a time instead of picking up a painting and then just starting up another... and another... and another..... never finishing....

Attached Files Image(s)

Don't have any painting or drawing classes during summer. Painting things on the side to give myself an excuse to not write a paper.

Been on a Warhammer 40k craze lately. Already did 2 pieces for orkz and now I'm working on a Chaos piece. Painting 3 kids from the Thousand Sons.

Attached Files Image(s)

Progress 2. This is gonna be another long painting session and I do not mind at all.

Attached Files Image(s)

Aaaaaaw those Orks ! Aren't they sooo cute? hahaha

Great job man !

(07-02-2013, 05:11 PM)Izzual Wrote: Aaaaaaw those Orks ! Aren't they sooo cute? hahaha

Great job man !

KAWAAAIIIIII
I like those orks and your painting process, now waiting to see the colored version of this:D

Freelancer available for new commissions
---------
PORTFOLIO: http://www.LexPaul.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/llexpaul
Deviant art: http://alexandrescupaul.deviantart.com/
CrimsonD: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3360.html
(07-03-2013, 06:18 PM)Lex_paul Wrote: I like those orks and your painting process, now waiting to see the colored version of this:D

Thanks man, I can't wait til I am done detailing and rendering to start coloring either!

Progress 3. Today's progress. I haven't figured out what to do with that left pauldron yet...

Attached Files Image(s)

Progress 4. Today, I was just paintin the left arm to frickin death so I decided to paint it out and repaint it into a different design that felt much better. Gonna keep paintin and see where this goes.

Attached Files Image(s)

Progress 5. Really taking my time to render things and playing with the lighting along with adding and deducting things. Here's what I have from yesterday and today's painting sessions.

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh man your sketchbook is great, and I definetly see you got a good grasp on values and form in your b&w paintings. The last ones with the heavy orc with the lascannon is awesome! I am a huge fan of warhammer 40k (although I'm a Blood Angels collector haha!) so your stuff in here makes me extra happy in that regard hehe.

On the latest one, the new arm looks much better, it balances him out with its bulkiness.

You got to keep this up. Some crit though, your color isn't as good as your b&w values, you can study photographs, paintings by masters, and of course do color studies from life. Since you are coloring a b&w layer, experiment with all the different layer options for the color-layer, and try all different types of combinations of them untill you find soemthing you like.
(07-07-2013, 09:22 AM)Andromonoid Wrote: Oh man your sketchbook is great, and I definetly see you got a good grasp on values and form in your b&w paintings. The last ones with the heavy orc with the lascannon is awesome! I am a huge fan of warhammer 40k (although I'm a Blood Angels collector haha!) so your stuff in here makes me extra happy in that regard hehe.

On the latest one, the new arm looks much better, it balances him out with its bulkiness.

You got to keep this up. Some crit though, your color isn't as good as your b&w values, you can study photographs, paintings by masters, and of course do color studies from life. Since you are coloring a b&w layer, experiment with all the different layer options for the color-layer, and try all different types of combinations of them untill you find soemthing you like.

Thank you very much! Glad to see a fellow 40k Fan in here! Yessss, I'm very guilty of having a very poor grasp of application of colors! This piece is going to take quite a while to finish because I'm going to be strict on myself in getting the colors right.
Going through your in progress pics is an adventure, haha. Do you have a plan for these pieces usually? Or do you just build as you go and continue adding to the awesome?
(07-07-2013, 04:24 PM)DrPyrox Wrote: Going through your in progress pics is an adventure, haha. Do you have a plan for these pieces usually? Or do you just build as you go and continue adding to the awesome?

So far what I've been doing is trying to constantly paint one painting at a time and pushing myself further with each new painting. Reason why I've only focused on one painting is because I found it more consistent than working on multiple pieces at once. I feel I'm not at a level which I can pump out multiple good paintings at once and instead, I only have the stamina and attention span to work on one at a time at the moment.

When I attempted to do multiple paintings I end up with multiple crappy paintings. My brain is just burnt out trying to plan out all these paintings at once and I eventually tire myself out to the point where I would stop caring about those paintings. So now I'm just focusing really hard on one at a time and trying to go at it with a steady pace instead of blitzing out blurs on my canvases.

I constantly have this intense urge to start work on a new piece, but I promised myself that I cannot start on another painting unless my current piece comes to a finish. This current regiment of finishing one piece before starting another has been working out pretty well. It works for me because that urge to start work on another piece is what drives me to finish whatever painting that I start and when I finish, I immediately start painting a new piece with a ton of excitement.

Time is pretty sparse at the moment because of summer classes and when my lady is over, of course I'm gonna halt work and give her all of my attention. Balancing assignments and cuddle time really builds up my itch to paint and its what drives to be more active over these couple of weeks.

Sorry to blab on like that! Hopefully this answers your question!
I hate writing papers. At the least for this particular assignment, I get to have my fun. It's a idea proposal for a horror animation. About 1.5 - 2 hour sketch each.

Attached Files Image(s)

Busy busy busy @____@

Attached Files Image(s)