A sketchbook (March 17th, 2015)
Tan-Sau: Thanks man!

pindurski: Much appreciated!

Todays quick armor study from the livestream

[Image: 8d5u5AM.jpg]

[Image: pLJGT15.jpg]

Painted the knight dude i drew yesterday, and did some concepts of some armor fellas. gonna paint one or two of them tomorrow.

[Image: OCTvSv0.jpg]

[Image: OfjbRJz.jpg]

Wip of the dude in the middle from yesterdays sketch.

[Image: diE9hHe.jpg]

Awesome job. No doubt you're getting hired for your work by now. Grin Keep up the awesomeuity.

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Bookend: Thanks man! Not at the moment unfortunately, not a whole lot going on other then personal work and studies. But i havent done much to promote myself to potential clients either. I figure once i have enough to redo my portfolio, thats when ill start really lookin around for some work.

Heres a wip of something ive been pickin at. My PC has started to act up a bit, might have to do some reformatting or something if it gets any worse. But either way, heres a sketch of the Illustration as well as a quick wip from todays stream.

[Image: LU66q6D.jpg]

[Image: GbXQgq6.jpg]

heres me and my ladys annual holiday card. :D

[Image: Z2vSFbI.jpg]

Great stuff as usual, and amazing Holiday card :)

Pnate: Much appreciate man, hope you had a nice holiday season to man! Cant wait to see what you put out this year!

Been to busy gettign really fat from sweats and home cookin to spend any time painting. Coming this monday, the 5th of January, im back on the normal schedule of streamin soem studies and personal work. Startin every morning Monday - Friday at 8:30 am Eastern time. Sometimes, i dont even wear pants. So you guys should probably tune in. livestream.com/johnderekmurphy

but heres some of the doodles ive done in the mean time.

also..

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Lets kick some ass this year guys!

[Image: 0sncOas.jpg]
2 hour study from life of my new nude man fella

[Image: xEH2T0g.jpg]
Sargent study from the stream over the holidays

[Image: fIQo3m1.jpg]
messed around on this guy for a little bit more.

now be honest are you a robot?

wow just... wow O_O
you got such an awesome grasp on values, lighting, and color (anatomy too, but i'm more enthralled by these three)
where have you learned that? some kind of school or self-teaching?

Aside from all your awesome work in this sketchbook, I think that Holiday card is your masterpiece!
Your work is only gonna plateau from here on out i'm very sorry to say.

....just kidding Stupid

You are amazing!

MarkWester: Nope, im a real boy!

morie: I went to an animation school a few years back, was a 3 year course and they taught us how to traditionally animate. So all of the anatomy stuff i picked up started from there, in our life drawing class we had. but we didnt do any digital painting, so i had to figure that out on my own.

IrishWhiskey: Hahaha we'll see, but youre probbaly right, i think ill have a hard time trumping that one next holiday season.

heres the first study of the year, done on the livestream this morning! More to come this week and the months ahead. livestream.com/johnderekmurphy

[Image: W6jexEy.jpg]

Another quick study. this time of Anders Zorn

[Image: a6mrnnb.jpg]

another Zorn study, got a little watshed out in the darker areas when i saved it out :(

[Image: QavBKw7.jpg]

Cool stuff, man. Your rendering is definitely spot on, and definitely showing some good stuff in those master studies.

I'm looking forward to seeing that undead knight finished. :]

Archreux: Thanks man! :D

Another Anders Zorn study

[Image: LWNfdC3.jpg]

Those armor studies are awesome, mooar mooar! :)

echo: Thanks man!

Ill be workin on this guy for a bit, heres the sketch and first wip.

[Image: Ivlxf3E.jpg]

[Image: lH24F5f.jpg]

another wip

[Image: wVJ7QHS.jpg]