Bloodsport Challenge #4 Sneak Peak
Here's a fragment of my piece. I still have a lot to work on. My obsession for details and perfectionism kills me.
[Image: royskyslidersp.jpg]
it is a lizard boy :O? pretty awesome dude too much details D:!
Thanks :). Yes, it's a lizard boy. I planned him to be a sort of 3D pixar/dreamworks character although more detailed. I overdid it a bit unfortunately. I need to restrain myself from zooming in and rendering every pixel of my image, it really takes too much time.
I will post full image. It's still in a pretty rought stage. Original is in 4x higher resolution. Feedback will be appreciated.

I would be grateful if someone told me if colors and contrast are ok. I work on a not very good laptop and doubt it's monitor is properly calibrated.

Illustration is made in Gimp with Wacom Bamboo Pen btw - so if anyone here can't afford better equipment (like me) and is wondering if this stuff would be enough to paint - it is not perfect, but as you can see, you still can do nice stuff with such equipment.

[Image: royskyslider1000px.jpg]
The detail shot looks awesome so far. As for placement on the package, I feel there's too much space between the lizard boy and the logo, so maybe if you raise him up a bit it will work. Looking forward to seeing the final!
Oh also, I'm not sure if you're planning to put any other information on there like how they have descriptions, the age range, company. Like: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HYN2BFGUGCI/Ta...carded.jpg

Composition is tricky so it helps to get an idea of all the placement of the text in the early stages so you don't have to paint anything over if the illustration doesn't fit with it.
What you've done is really impressive in terms of rendering, but going into that much detail with such a huge area of the image unfinished seems like a bad idea. Work on bringing up the rest of the character to a more even level before you push details any further.
Thanks guys for the feedback!

@ Jessica: I'm still not sure where to put his name. I'll put it probably under the logo or in the bottom left corner. If it ends up in the corner I'll probably move him up as You suggested.

@ danlambert: I know, it's just a bad habit of mine :/
Update!

[Image: 2cyjf41.jpg]
keep pushing!
Here is the piece I submitted for Bloodsports. I didn't manage to finish it 100%, so it's not as good as it could be, but I will render it up for my portfolio and post the result sometime soon.

It took insane amount of time to render it to this point, because almost every pixel of this ilustration was touched by a small brush. Yesterday I was at my limit, literally shaking from exhaustion, because all I was doing last week was basically painting and doing stuff I have to do. I didn't get much sleep, like 4-6 hours per day, so I need to take a break.

Enjoy!

[Image: C5wJD.jpg]

[Image: xTXPm.jpg]