DEATHLINE 2- THE REVENGE
OK!

so its time for my second deathline. took a few months off since the first one to reasses goals and get some work done. the new one is shaping up nicely, and im starting this week. i didnt intend it to be a new years thing, but it seems to have worked out that way. my new goals for 2013 are as follows-

1)Finish something every week
one huge thing ive noticed is that even though i can work extremely hard and for a long time, i dont get as much done as id like. therefore, my new goal is to finish SOMETHING each week. this means that as i do work i will also be doing characters, sketchbook pages, and personal projects on the side. the idea being that at the end of the year i will have 50ish somethings to be proud of completing. A lot of it will be work, but im interested in seeing how the gaps fill up.

2)More lines, Less lines.
One big flaw in my work is the flattening effect of the lines i still end up having in my finished pieces. the problem is that i still want to be a draftsman first and a painter second. with that in mind, ill be doing a lot of rendering studies to more effectively mask my lines in client work, while working extensively on tightening my drawing and design ability in my sketchbook. more accurate lines, less noodling, cleaner rendering, stronger designs.

3)Keep Being Healthy(er)
So this past deathline taught me a lot about the longterm effects of longterm choices. i lost a considerable amount of weight, even though i fell short of my top goal. I now understand that losing 100 lbs in a year while doing all the work necessary to make it in this field might not be physically possible. Instead, this year im going to amend that goal to a regimen i will stick to. healthy eating, regular exercise, mandated sleep. I will lose weight and feel better as i go, the only difference being that the focus is on a lifestyle change this time and less on a number to reach for. one final aspect of this goal is not just physical health, but mental health. I did a lot this past year- but going outside wasnt one of them. a big part of this final goal getting out more often, de-stressing on a regular basis, and forcing myself to work as hard as i can while keeping work in perspective. This will easily be the hardest of the three, but im hoping it goes well.

heres hoping! blog posts coming soon. best!
Awesome :D
I never worked out the guts to post mine, but I did get some results and I should post them shortly - and actually post the second deathline challenge publicly this time.

Thanks for being a huge inspiration Dan. Even my weight loss was inspired by you <3
Onwards to 2013!