character design
Hi
This is a character design , all critiques appreciated

[Image: 60316088.jpg]
I take it he's Egyptian, so that's what I'll critique this from.

The main reason I guessed he would be Egyptian inspired is because of the magical symbols his staff are making. That shouldn't be the case, especially not in a pure character design. Without the staff the only really obvious markers would have been his bracers and the colour of his skin.

You have a great style for bringing out character design. I think you should take a look at some old Egyptian clothing and do some thumbnails or and do some simple line drawing to get an idea of what the clothes would look like quickly.

If the current state is the amount of clothing you want to use for him, you really need to work in some actual design elements because at the moment he is very simplified. Now, I don't know if this is what you are going for, maybe you want to make some sort of Egyptian inspired Shaolin monk, if so you just need to bring in a couple more elements to really nail where he's from.

At any rate, I think you can push this much further by simply doing some more research and trying out various designs.

Your style is really interesting though, and I think once you get the design down this will look really cool =) Hope this helps a bit

Opinions are like assholes... we've all got one of 'em
Blog - DA Profile "Eraza" - CD Sketchbook "Mathias' Markings"
(01-06-2013, 01:57 AM)Mathias Wrote: I take it he's Egyptian, so that's what I'll critique this from.

The main reason I guessed he would be Egyptian inspired is because of the magical symbols his staff are making. That shouldn't be the case, especially not in a pure character design. Without the staff the only really obvious markers would have been his bracers and the colour of his skin.

You have a great style for bringing out character design. I think you should take a look at some old Egyptian clothing and do some thumbnails or and do some simple line drawing to get an idea of what the clothes would look like quickly.

If the current state is the amount of clothing you want to use for him, you really need to work in some actual design elements because at the moment he is very simplified. Now, I don't know if this is what you are going for, maybe you want to make some sort of Egyptian inspired Shaolin monk, if so you just need to bring in a couple more elements to really nail where he's from.

At any rate, I think you can push this much further by simply doing some more research and trying out various designs.

Your style is really interesting though, and I think once you get the design down this will look really cool =) Hope this helps a bit

Thanks Mathias this really helps i need to work more on the clothes and search for reference to make the character looks more like an Egyptian , the character design is for ancient Egyptian priest maybe an Evil one ,