Ioan Chirita's sketchbook
Hello everyone, My name is Ioan and i'm from Romania. I've been following Dave's art for some time now and i decided to join the Daggers.
So i'll start by posting some hand studies, actually i did Alex Negrea's "2000 hands challenge".
He really got me inspired and i decided to get off my lazy ass and start studying. It took me longer than him because of my job, but i used to do sets of 100 hands per day...
i cannot say now that i can draw great hands without reference but i'm not "afraid" anymore to aproach them anymore :)
The sole purpose of the challenge was to get me starting !

wait... there's more

Bloody hell that is an awful lot of hands. I'm really impressed!

Once the hands are done where do you plan to head from there?

hollinrake.art @ gmail.com
Portfolio
deviantART
Sketchbook
Thank you !
I'll continue with gestures or heads
Holy crap! amazing hard work here also pretty and neat line work on Each set of hands D: you know what i may take you up on the chalenge, i suck on hands. where did you found your reffs if i may ask?

cant wait for the next batch :D! keep it up please :)
Damn Man, That's a lot of hands and a good variety. They look really good too.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

looking at the first and last pages I can tell your line confidence has really improved. keep going mate !
(01-12-2013, 09:14 PM)leonardZC Wrote: Holy crap! amazing hard work here also pretty and neat line work on Each set of hands D: you know what i may take you up on the chalenge, i suck on hands. where did you found your reffs if i may ask?

cant wait for the next batch :D! keep it up please :)

oh, i forgot to mention that
the reffs are from http://mjranum-stock.deviantart.com/
Oh, hey man,
Nice to see your work here, I really wanna see more from you. So keep them coming :D
And btw that is an insane number of hands... I'm so bad at drawing anatomy from memory and some time ago I downloaded almost 50 pictures of a model and I said I'd draw them all at least twice. Meanwhile I noticed that's pretty hard to do, since one pose takes enough time for me.

You said something about a job... is it related to drawing? I'm just curious where romanian artists work nowadays...

(01-16-2013, 06:00 AM)walent Wrote: Oh, hey man,
Nice to see your work here, I really wanna see more from you. So keep them coming :D
And btw that is an insane number of hands... I'm so bad at drawing anatomy from memory and some time ago I downloaded almost 50 pictures of a model and I said I'd draw them all at least twice. Meanwhile I noticed that's pretty hard to do, since one pose takes enough time for me.

You said something about a job... is it related to drawing? I'm just curious where romanian artists work nowadays...

Yes, my job is art related. I work in Iasi at game company and we're doing mostly Disney products.
*Mature content*
Value study
i kinda messed up... will do more, it was fun
photo credit http://abrito.deviantart.com/gallery/

Attached Files Image(s)

demon guy and succubus
focused more on anatomy rather than design

Attached Files Image(s)