Marcos da Mata
Hey guys.
Well, some brief comments about me. I'm Brazilian, 25 old, a recently graduated graphic designer eager to build a career in digital art. I'm working in book design for some years now but in fact my main studies focus on 3D modeling (zbrush, 3ds, etc) so I can pursue it professionally. Nevertheless, drawing has always been a passion, and since I'm more focused on 3D, I figured that the feedback from the Daggers would stimulate me to keep trying to get better and to keep practicing ocasionally. :blush:

Also, you'll notice that I absolutely love science fiction but most of all I love good stories, with a soft spot for tv shows (Battlestar Galactica being an almost embarassing obssession of mine). Most of my work is sci-fi-related, a great inspiration.

That's it.

So, let's start it. Below is some digital paintings I did in the last couple days. I haven't done this kind of painting since 2009, so I took some time on the first one. The second one was done in 45 min (I was trying to make something more sketchy).

the first one is Captain James Kirk, from Star Trek the original series (a cheesy and juvenile stuff that's really adorable to watch)

The second one is Captain Ben Sisko, from Deep Space 9, the Star Trek spin-off that's absolutely anti-Trek (it's dark, ambiguous, relevant,realistic. I truly recommend it.)

some quick brush work I just did to practice some hot light. about 20 min.