Lulus Sketchbook
Question 
Hi everyone!
Thought I should start a sketchbook. yaaay!

This is tonights WIP of a character portrait I'm doing for my roommates BA game.
After a lot of sketching and discarding... I finally ended up with something useful.

[Image: jenswip.jpg]

But now I'm tired and need some sleep.

Hey, and welcome :).

Nice work on the WIP, be cool to see it finished. Really like the colours you've got going so far..

Welcome!

And very nice start :D Update often <3

Checked out your DA, looks like you already have a style rollin. And a nice one too :)

Welcome aboard!

Thank you all! :)
Finished last nights sketch. You can find it here!

After doing some anatomy studies in the morning I had to get right back to work. I still need to finish five pages of the childrens book I did for my BA. I hope I can get it printed soon!
Well here is a WIP of a personal piece I'm working on right now.

[Image: leavewip.jpg]

Hopefully I'll get some real sketches done tomorrow. The problem is that our scanner isn't working so can only upload digital stuff at the moment.

And here the WIP of the book cover.
I'll leave it like this for today :)

[Image: coverwip.jpg]

Really like how you work in colors, and create such wonderful atmosphere with them.

I was looking through your DA, and noticed more than a few drawings/paintings had the legs cut off, or weren't shown, though. I'm not too sure if they're a weakness, as some of them were much older pieces, and your more recent stuff has less of them cut out. Just an observation.

Keep it up! :]

Hey! You seem to have a pretty good eye for color! I'd work more on the anatomy, since in the first post there are some anatomical mistakes, biggest one for me being the skull being sort of too long in the back.Definitely don't loose your style while studying though , love it! :O
Also try and do photo and life studies to help you with lighting , proportions etc.Good luck! :)
@Archreux
Thank you! :)

Wow, I didn't even notice that but you're right! I actually like drawing legs BUT I do have a problem with doing poses... and that's what I need to work on.
Thank you for mentioning it!

@Othrandir
Thanks a lot :)
Yeah, that's really my biggest "problem". I'll try to do some anatomy studies everyday now. Hope it'll help!

Sooo, I did some feet studies today... because I hate drawing feet and I need to get some practice... so here is my morning study

[Image: feet.jpg]

Worked some more on the cover. I think I'll finish it tomorrow... have to get the book done soon!
Do you think it's too red-ish? I tend to overdo it sometimes... :D

[Image: coverwip2.jpg]

That's it from me today :)

Hey guys!
I've been so busy these days... but I tried to draw as much as I could. Did a lot of traditional stuff, some character design and anatomy studies (Loomis!)
But here are some things I'm currently working on...

I'm doing some concept art based on the Passage Trilogy by Justin Cronin (go read that book!). I finally got started on the environment design which I'm kinda struggling with... maybe some of you could give me improvement suggestions!
Today I worked on three little sketches. It's the San Gorgonio Pass. I've never been to that place and just looked at some pictures as reference. Does anyone have an idea on how to draw wind wheels? There are so many of them, it's killing me!! :D

[Image: GorgonioPassSketches_zps3e09d4e5.jpg]

And this is some sort of self portrait with my two cats. They're kinda hyperactive :P

[Image: catladywip_zps5b06eb25.jpg]

Critique is always welcome!

Very nice start to you sketchbook. I really like style, the colours are wonderful.

@Ste
Thanks a lot :)

It's been a while since I posted anything... but I've been sick for over a week. It was so bad, I had to stay at home and in bed for the entire time.... That was so awful.
So here are just two little things I am currently working on. As soon as I am done with my Master application I will try to work harder and keep to schedule.

[Image: lilakylesketch_zps306b3a00.jpg]

I'm sorry but I can't draw men. I really need some practice cause they always turn out horrible :(

[Image: PeterCsketch_zps5bd0b3e8.jpg]

@Marschak
Thank you

These past two weeks have been pretty awful... I didn't get to draw at all until yesterday. I hope I can finally get back to work. Maybe I'll even be doing some commissions.
Well this is what I'm working on right now. I really want to get my art to be a little more detailed!

[Image: red_zps7936493c.jpg]

[Image: wither_zpse0b6348d.jpg]

I really need to set up a painting-schedule or something...
but between moving to a new apartment and work I hardly find the time right now.
Well here's what I'm working on atm

[Image: pretty_zpse4168ca2.jpg]

[Image: prettywip_zpsea9ae709.jpg]

been working hard on this

[Image: pretty2_zps1e775935.jpg]

Finally! Between moving and my cat having a terrible accident I just didn't have the time nor nerve to really do something productive....

Starting off with a little study...

[Image: polarI_zpscabbfb13.jpg]

And two sketches for some illustrations I am working on...

[Image: dragon_zpsacb7cff4.jpg]

[Image: imagination_zps5467918b.jpg]

Love your stuff ^^ especially that polar bear study. He's got awesome eyes.
@Chavreaper
Thank you :)
Glad you like it!

Been working on some pieces....

I really want to finish this today... It was supposed to be a quick speed painting kind of thing but I got hung up on it.
[Image: bloodyII_zpsb2f4e8b0.jpg]

I've been working on this one for the past few days. I did most of it while livestreaming. If you're interested check it out right here: Lulus Livestream
[Image: imaginationII_zps1760d4a9.jpg]

I'm still going to do a tiger study today. I'll post it as soon as it's done :)

And as promised:

Today's tiger study.

[Image: tigerI_zps7f9920d0.jpg]

<3