Adam Stolterman's deathline 3013
1. By the end of the year, i will be able to fully suport myself doing art, storyboards and illustration work. (it's part of my long term goal to fully be able to suport myself by doing game art).

2. Enter and finish as many online challenges as i can. (That means that i prioritise any work that i get.)

3. Study a topic every week. Hands, lighting, a certain artist, and so on, and share the process.

4. Take the communities and facebook and my blog seriously and use them to get to know people and stop being isolated from the rest of the creative world.

Please give qrits and tell me hard truths if you have any to give, including if you think this deathline is bad in any way. Thank you!
Draw from life at least every few days(everything that catches your eye. Develop artistic eyes, find interesting compositions and subjects). Learn to give your art a splash of life. Set yourself out from the crowd. Try to go to figure drawing classes with the nude model every week if possible. Learn to digitally paint from others, like idrawgirls, ctrlpaint, or whatever.

Intention and will is important. But those two things are worthless unless you become proficient at all the prerequisites. Don't bask in ignorance. Find a studio you'd like to work as doing concept art or something and see all the artistic requirements. Here's an example: http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/122

Understand fully what will allow you to be successful, and achieve those things!