Poll: Would you participate in this challenge?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell yes!
81.82%
9 81.82%
Definitly no!
0%
0 0%
Maybe if we did... (specify in thread)
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results | Edit poll ]

Weekly sketch community challenge interest
Hi!

I would like to start a weekly sketch community challenge.
But I'm a bit doubtful on the rules / guidelines and I was hoping for some input from the community.

The first thing I'm doubting about is the name, mostly the part 'sketch' as I want people to go as far into the theme as they wish. Should I keep 'sketch' or just rename it to 'drawing' / 'art' ...

The second is the time limit. I've seen daily sketch groups go days without posts as people have no time to draw a sketch that day. This is way I kept it weekly (also a lot easier topic wise).

The third is if I should make it competitive (so a winner) or not? Maybe start out non-competitive and see if the community goes along with it and then start a poll?

Sorry if this is bothersome but I would really like to contribute to the community and this in one of the only ways I know how (except drawing off course).
Any suggestions or remarks are more than welcome :)
I'd say mimick the ones from CA.org, rules and all, with changes to accommodate. I say this not out of spite of CA.org (I still like/love the place), but because their group activities work for what they are and baffles me there aren't more things like it. Only issue there would be participation.

And just like CA, the reward should be just the reward of doing. Maybe with a forum badge or something attached.
K, I see. I'm not gonna start multiple challenges (cow, chow, ...) at the same time though.
The intend is to do a different theme every week, so one week a cow like challenge, the next week a chow like...
Maybe even a combo of sorts :)

I'll just try it out and see how it goes :)
considering the difference of size/participation between here and CA or CGhub, only one challenge could work perfectly.

Or you can even have a theme that allows people to choose the focus of their challenge. Say "future nostalgia" or "steampunk antartica" or something.

(03-09-2013, 07:30 AM)ChantalFournier Wrote: Or you can even have a theme that allows people to choose the focus of their challenge. Say "future nostalgia" or "steampunk antartica" or something.

I was sort of thinking about this as I want to go more into a theme.
Anyway, some time today the first challenge will be posted and I'll let you know in here as well :)
And the first challenge is online, go check it out!

Weekly Art Challenge #1: Scene - Shipwreck
Really digging this idea!
I hope to participate as often as possible after I get all this uni crap out of the way so I can focus on art. ^ ^

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Yessss
Awesome, may give this a crack actually!

CA.O had too much weekly challanges, but I like the general idea of having challanges to a specific area, like characters, environments and creatures.

But I am wondering if the participation would be big enough to run three challanges each week.
What do you guys think?
(03-10-2013, 11:03 PM)Nemome Wrote: CA.O had too much weekly challanges, but I like the general idea of having challanges to a specific area, like characters, environments and creatures.

But I am wondering if the participation would be big enough to run three challanges each week.
What do you guys think?

Yea, I was wondering that as well in the beginning :) but unlike the challenges in CA.O you can go as deep or as shallow as you wish into the design :)

There is btw already a character challenge as well :)