<---- New guy
Wink 
What's up everyone. My name is Bill Harkins and I'm a 26 year old artist from Pennsylvania, USA. You know how the story goes, drawing since I was 4, always playing video games and love film/entertainment stuff. I think heading into college I had a very short-sighted view that I needed to go to school for jobs in my area. I went into graphic design and advertising, and while I actually enjoyed the field, I knew I'll never be satisfied until I do what I really, really want to do - entertainment design/concept art.

So fast forward into my first graphic design job. Paid well, health insurance, very comfy work atmosphere. Only a crazy moron would quit that job. Me. At some point I decided I was going to save up a lot of money and give my dream of being a concept artist a shot. I think the exact moment was when I saw the work Kekai Kotaki was doing for GW2. Eventually, I got myself a bank roll and in March of 2012, I jumped off the proverbial cliff and quit my cushy job.

It has been tough, but I know that being a part of these types of communities helps. I have done a few small time game concept pieces as well as illustrations for books and CD albums, etc. Whatever I can do to keep afloat financially during the journey. Also looking forward to my first 'real-life' art community thing I'll be going to which is Illuxcon 6 this year in September.

Here's my portfolio: http://harkinsart.com. Feel free to play my flash game, but unfortunately I built it in CS2 and when I upgraded to CS6 it broke my Time and Score counters. I'll fix it eventually but for now, think of it like hardcore mode.

Going to Florida this week to take a break from the cold, I'll put together a Sketchbook thread when I get back.

Bill
hello Mister Jim Halpert clone (well..just a tiny bit of resemblence from your icon, haha). Glad to have you aboard!
Welcome!