Pezz Loves to Fight
You know, I never stick with these logs on fitness-y websites and such. They end up being buried and forgotten, with nobody to really keep me accountable. It's tough tryin to break bad habits and such while you're in the clutches of art school, but i'm gonna try my best.

I'm 25 years old and I'm still obese, been obese for most of my life. Right now I float between 285-290 lbs at 5'7" and I really don't want to be there. BDD. The works. My biggest problem is my eating habits right now. Really want to be down to 180 lbs. No secrets, the internet can know.

Basically now I am involved in submission grappling and kickboxing. It's fun, but I'm not really losing any weight because I don't really train outside of classes and I eat like shit sometimes. Ok, I eat like shit a lot. Like I just had a slice of pizza for breakfast. I want to get down in weight so I can grapple better and compete in NAGA tournaments, eventually moving on and ranking up in BJJ.

Not sure what type of log I should keep or whatever, maybe food and training? What do you guys think? Basically I think I'm gonna keep a food log, and log how long it takes me to eat too - I inhale food. That, and I want to start working out 3x week on my own, just 5 minutes to start, gotta stay moving.

So to start here's a pic of me and a guy whose art I think is pretty cool:

I'm pretty rotund there, about 15 lbs ago.

Here's to success, no matter how many tries it takes to obtain it.
Good luck! I hope to see some progress pictures soon ;)
I've only been going to the gym for about 1 month and i have noticed such a big difference.
It's hard to get the motivation sometimes but you just have to stay strong - think of your goal.
And if not for the looks, you'll feel so much better, physically and mentally :)
You have a beautiful face already by the way!

Aw thank you! If that's you in your avatar, you too have a beautiful face.

So to start I used all sorts of calculators and took all sorts of measurements and came up with the fact that I have a large frame for a female (18cm wrist, 10 cm elbow breadth) and otherwise I'ves cored exactly between Endomorph and Mesomorph. I gain weight easily, but I also seem to be able to lose it easily at first then I hit snags where it just won't budge even with dietary changes. I think i should pay less attention to numbers on a scale though and more to measurements? It's easy to get discouraged when you go up 5 lbs after hitting the gym hard and actually eating well.
(03-10-2013, 02:02 AM)pezz Wrote: Aw thank you! If that's you in your avatar, you too have a beautiful face.

So to start I used all sorts of calculators and took all sorts of measurements and came up with the fact that I have a large frame for a female (18cm wrist, 10 cm elbow breadth) and otherwise I'ves cored exactly between Endomorph and Mesomorph. I gain weight easily, but I also seem to be able to lose it easily at first then I hit snags where it just won't budge even with dietary changes. I think i should pay less attention to numbers on a scale though and more to measurements? It's easy to get discouraged when you go up 5 lbs after hitting the gym hard and actually eating well.

Thank you dear :blush:

I also lost a lot of weight pretty quickly in the first month but now i'm stuck at one point and i can't seem to lose any more, but what i do notice is that my body is getting tighter, more toned, and just more healthy in a lot of ways. I might not be losing anything right now, but i'm gonna keep going and try different methods to see what works! Also muscles help you lose weight, so i'm trying to see how that'll work for me. And yes, you should really pay less attention to numbers on your scale - i do weigh but it doesn't put me down when i see that i have gained weight because i know that might be muscle i have created, which will help me lose weight in the long run! I know it can be very discouraging but eventually after you notice a difference you get so motivated that you'll be able to keep going, if you really go for it!