Not so new, but new all the same
Getting this out of the way: I'm not new to the Crimson Daggers. Beforehand I was a much different person with some problems (some self-inflicted like laziness and others not so much, like...life? Only feel like going over that when prompted) keeping me from being a part of the study group in all it's various forms, the same being said about other places and communities over a very long and trying time. Despite all of that I've always wanted (in what feels like many cases seemingly like I needed) to draw competently and tell really good stories in the process. To that end, I hope my re-introduction suffices while I put things to right.

And so...

I'm Jayme, aka Tyrus. I want to become a Freelance Artist.

I come from a non-artistic and somewhat independent background, of which that has granted me an affinity for computers, exploration, and lore-houndery. All three have led me to my nerdy vices (Star Trek, Magic: The Gathering, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure...you name it, chances are I love it) over years of accumulation and immersion, to wit I take immense pride in such. This might also be why I prefer using digital over traditional materials (but not giving them up entirely).

I was doing art (in a non-serious way, drawing a specific subject matter) for about a year before, just as I was exiting high school. I found the late Keith Parkinson's works on display at an exhibit and that was one of the only times I had been exposed to 'real' art at the time. I had seen his artwork before, but never like this; with full/large paintings of made with insane amount of detail, from the visuals and sense of scale to the minute strokes one could follow if they moved their fingers over the paint, with bright colors (using REAL paint) and great composition spanning nearly ever single piece of work. It was breathtaking and crushing at the same time, looking at how my art just didn't measure up in terms of quality or ability to tell a story without having to say a single word. Pictures like [this] showing that good art can be more telling and vibrant than I ever thought (that one not being my favorite, but you get the picture).

It was there that I decided I was going to get 'serious' with my artwork, however long it'd take (though I was shooting for sooner, rather than later). Over that time I've come to learn about art in general, with my horizons expanding and my list of 'artists to respect/follow' growing as well. Many of those artists and their work/techniques/work ethics becoming more noticable as I travel deeper down the rabbit hole, influences and ranging from all over the world (from Frank Frazetta to Hirohiko Araki), standing to grow the more I learn.

And to that end, I hope that in my time here I learn a lot, use what I learn abtly.
Thanks for the reply, and you deserve one as well for your first day. Welcome!

Embarassing MTG story: When I was around 10 years old I spent all my Christmas money for a new bike on magic cards...I was grounded. And didn't get a bike...lol.

Hope to see ya around the forums!
Lame story here too, i have 25.000 MTG cards.
Welcome aboard!!