Philip's SketchBook
Beast Masters ViP.

My mate Bjulvar suggested the idea to add some plants in the wounds. Loved how it came out, so I will push that even further. You can find his sketchbook HERE.

Beastmasters Finals :)

Some studies

Some sketches for this weeks E.O.W at conceptart.org

This painting and studies was for last weeks E.o.W. But I ended up with no time to finish it before deadline.

I’m not to happy with the painting at all to be honest. It's kind of a dead born project. Sadly I couldn’t see it earlier. But I guess it's good to force your self to realize that once in a while...

So I started of today by sketching trough one of Scott Robertson's tutorials.

Here's a link to the tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7eesQVXqOM

After that I tried to apply the technique to a toy car that I had on my desk. And then I played around with random shapes and forms in the three following sketches.

Some plane sketches, I’m kind of embarrassed by how ugly they are, but I had fun with them anyways.

And then I finished of with another car sketch.

Over all, I think I have to get more practice with my ellipses and line work. My designs are super boring as well, but that wasn’t the purpose of the exercise anyways.
Pretty hilarious how that channel has all the Robertson dvd's.
I'd suggest watching the first dvd on the series about line and construction as that might help.
Otherwise good work keep at it

(04-21-2013, 11:35 PM)Tom Seas Wrote: Pretty hilarious how that channel has all the Robertson dvd's.
I'd suggest watching the first dvd on the series about line and construction as that might help.
Otherwise good work keep at it

Mh yeah I know..
I got the step one dvd, so I've seen it. But maby I should draw through that as well. There's no harm going through all the basics once in a while.

More car sketches. Tried to add some values and colors to one of them as well.

This is from todays Stream :)

Some more vehicle stuff.

And two quick marker sketches I did in school.

Played around with some spheres. I haven’t really tried this before, so I thought I’d give it a shot.

Nice perspective work!

Thank you David! Hee's some more :)

Until now, I have always designed directly into perspective. This make the design suffer even if the final drawing come out correctly. So here I tried to make some side view, to get rid of all the perspective thinking. And then I took the most interesting one (in this case number 2) and turned it in to a perspective drawing.

zoylster
Thanks a lot for your comment mate. Really helpful! I see what you mean, I will pay more attention to that next time I do perspective drawings.

This is one of the paintings that I have been working with on the stream lately. I still have a lot to do on this one, but I though that it would be nice to give you guys a wip shot.

Here’s a still life, nothing super fancy, but anyways :)

Some super fast character sketches/silhouettes. They look super bad I know, but this is just to get the inspiration going. Will do more tight stuff from this later on.

Attached Files Image(s)

What if I was a quake live character... Wip! :D

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's another carsketch for you guys:

This is how far i went with my quake live illustration, still on the sketch-phase. But I will leave it anyway. I could go in to more details but it would take more time then it is worth. Anyway… I learned a lot from it.

Really love that tree in the marketplace--the sweeping motions are enhanced by the lovely silkyness of the trunk. Such motion in such a still object.

Sketchbook